Belize Taxi Tours' Doug Gentle - Wonderful!

jazzbird925

While in Belize, opt for a private tour operator instead of a cruise excursion. We researched our options prior to our trip and discovered http://www.belizetaxitours.com. Our guide Doug was wonderful, informative, professiona, honest and as someone who lived in NYC, speaks perfect English. We highly recommend him.

Visit the company website for tours and pricing. We did the Altun Ha and rainforest/jungle excursion although the tubing was my first choice (husband wanted to see Mayan ruins) and there wasn't ample time to do both........next time.

Doug has a fairly new, clean van with great AC that he bought in the states and drove back to Belize. He's very proud of it and keeps it immaculate and running well.

Gayle

Gayle,

I tried to look up the info. on Belize taxi tours but I am not finding the taxi tours. Can you give me some more info. so I can check it out. We are leaving on the 28th so we need the info. soon.

Thanks

Joan:)

Hi Joan.

I have the company brochure in front of me (something we didn't have until after our tour - all planning was done via the internet. Unfortunately, I don't remember how I discovered this company and what contact info I used - I deleted my "cruise" file upon our return).

As per the brochure, the website is http://www.belizetaxitours.com but I can't get it to work either. I wonder if that's just a general Belize Taxi service website.

Try the brochure email address: bctta@btl.net and request Doug - maybe that will work. If all else fails, the phone numbers listed are 011-501-223-5183 and 0011-501-610-3646.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Hopefully, the email address will work.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise,

Gayle

P.S. If I remember or find the email address we used I will contact you.

It's best if you try to contact the company or Doug via the email address I posted. I'm still trying to figure out how I initially located them on the web.......

Several of the tours listed on the brochure include:

Horseback riding: 5-1-2 hours, $50 pp

Several different ruins tours ranging from $35-$70

Cave Tubing: 4-1-2 hrs., $65 pp

River Trip/Baboon Sanctuary or Old Belize Museum: 4 hrs. $80 pp

Lamanai Mayan site/Boat Ride: 7 hrs. $70 pp

Howler Monkey Sanctuary: 3 hrs., $35

I hope this helps. Please use the email address and see if you can make contact.

Gayle

Archived