Ft. Lauderdale to Miami?

Wiseask

We are going in Dec 6 to sail on Reflection coming in on the 4th and staying in Fort Lauderdale Pre Cruise for 2 days and post cruise for 2 days. I rented a mini-van for the 2 days before and after for $ 116.00 with a drop-off a few blocks from the ship. They said it is an $ 8.00 cab ride. I can probably walk it if it is only 3-4 blocks. I think you can rent a car for a day one way and back as cheap or cheaper then shuttles.

We are going in Dec 6 to sail on Reflection coming in on the 4th and staying in Fort Lauderdale Pre Cruise for 2 days and post cruise for 2 days. I rented a mini-van for the 2 days before and after for $ 116.00 with a drop-off a few blocks from the ship. They said it is an $ 8.00 cab ride. I can probably walk it if it is only 3-4 blocks. I think you can rent a car for a day one way and back as cheap or cheaper then shuttles.

Most rental co.'s have a shuttle that will take you from their office to the pier. But if the one you are using does not, and is that close, drop your luggage first, then turn in the van. On return, get the van, then go back for the others and the bags.

We do this when sailing from Port Canaveral, and flying from Orlando.

Edited by wallie5446

In January 2015, my wife and I are flying to Ft. Lauderdale the afternoon before our Eclipse cruise leaves from Miami (unfortunately, Southwest Airlines does not fly from our hometown to Miami). We will have four large suitcases plus carry-ons. The children of Israel left Egypt with less luggage.

Please let me know the easiest and least expensive way to get from the airport in Fr. Lauderdale to our hotel in Miami. Does Celebrity provide shuttle service, and if so, the day before the cruise? If not, what are the alternatives?

Thanks.

We have used Shuttles many times.