Camp Carnival Age Group Question

Rowan555

How likely is it that my just-turned-6 son will be allowed to stay in the 2-5 group with his sister? He turned 6 last month, he and his sister really want to be in the group together, and he normally enjoys being around younger kids anyway. My only concern is that he's BIG for his age, and I don't know if they will worry about having him with the younger ones - he's not a "rough" kid at all, or I wouldn't even ask them to do this.

I had totally forgot about this issue until today - I keep forgetting he's now 6 years old! We just booked the Sensation for another cruise in January, and then they'll just have to be in two different groups. But I'd like them together this one last time.

I think if I wanted to move my daughter up into the next group, they would definitely tell me no - but since my son turned 6 a month before sailing, I really don't anticipate any trouble having them allow him in the 5 year old group. Since we're sailing September 10th and school is in session, I doubt there will be many kids on board anyway. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with doing this.

We cruised on the Elation in July, and as far as my kids went, they were strict. Mine are however, 14 and 15, which is also in 2 separate groups. I talked to my PVP before we left and she told me that they will allow kids to move down to a younger group, they just will not allow them to move up to an older one. Our problem was that my youngest son is a freshman in high school, and as he put it, he didn't want to hang out with a bunch of 12 year olds doing "macaroni art". And of course my 15 year old wasn't about to move down to that group to be with his brother, so they just did their own thing and hung out with a bunch of other 14 year olds that were also not interested in "macaroni art".

. Our problem was that my youngest son is a freshman in high school, and as he put it, he didn't want to hang out with a bunch of 12 year olds doing "macaroni art". And of course my 15 year old wasn't about to move down to that group to be with his brother, so they just did their own thing and hung out with a bunch of other 14 year olds that were also not interested in "macaroni art".

Glad your son found friends to have fun with. However, just so other parents know, the 12-14 year old group has a lot of fun, age appropriate activities and no "macaroni art"!;) It seems that some of the older kids in each age group think they won't have fun with the younger kids. But, what they don't realize is that there will be kids their age in that group too. Anyway, just wanted to comment about the activities since we've "been there, done that" with 2 teen boys and they've always had a great time with their friends both in camp and just around the ship. My advice to any parent with kids reluctant to go to Camp Carnival (or Club02 for the older teens) is to make them go on the first night just to check it out. You never know, they might just enjoy themselves.:)

Archived