Help please. Going on Majesty on 17th Oct.

Can anyone who has been on Majesty tell me the following please?

Is it 2 pin plugs and therefore I need adapter?

Is it just news on the TV or anything for kids?

Is there a fridge in standard cabin?

are there tea and coffee making facilities in cabin please?

Is there are 'shower gel' etc in bathroom (or tissues)

Is there a decent hairdryer - I've got long hair!!?

Is there bottled water in cabin and how much do they charge for it?

There are 4 of us, so is a drinks package a best buy and does it include stuff for an 8 year old?

Is there a launderette and/or an ironing room etc?

Is it worth booking a Thompson trip for Venice please?

Does anyone have recent experience of the weather in Venice. Croatia etc - Do we need cardigans or the like?

Is the swimming pool heated?

Is there a gym and Spa?

Any answers will be delightedly received. Thank you XX

Hi I was on the Celebration earlier this year, hope some of these answers help you:

Is it 2 pin plugs and therefore I need adapter? - EU plug adapters will be needed

Is it just news on the TV or anything for kids? - Was just news channels on TV, loads for kids to do on board though

Is there a fridge in standard cabin? - there was no fridge, but was an ice bucket which was refilled daily to keep things cool

are there tea and coffee making facilities in cabin please? - yes there were, you can ask your steward for more by leaving a note

Is there are 'shower gel' etc in bathroom (or tissues) - yes but not a lot, worth taking your own or buying at the airport. there were tissues

Is there a decent hairdryer - I've got long hair!!? - the hair dryer did the job when we were away

Is there bottled water in cabin and how much do they charge for it? - No free water, but a 2l bottle was 1.5 euro.

There are 4 of us, so is a drinks package a best buy and does it include stuff for an 8 year old? - I would always go for a drink package

Is there a launderette and/or an ironing room etc? - There was a launderette on board with an ironing board, you can also ask your steward to press suits/dresses for a small charge (can't remember what this was, sorry)

Is it worth booking a Thompson trip for Venice please? - I don't know, sorry

Does anyone have recent experience of the weather in Venice. Croatia etc - Do we need cardigans or the like? - likewise, I don't know, sorry.

Is the swimming pool heated? - none of the pools were heated

Is there a gym and Spa? - there was a small gym and spa on board, the spa offered daily deals so worth looking out for these.

Can anyone who has been on Majesty tell me the following please?

Is it 2 pin plugs and therefore I need adapter?

Yes, you need an EU adapter and it is useful take a 3 gang socket to make it easier to charge up cameras, iPad, phone, etc. £1.00 from a well known shop.

Is it just news on the TV or anything for kids?

There are 14 channels. Sky News, Sky Sports News, BBC World News

2 Cabin Movie Channels ...no special channel for children

3 music channels

The rest include Safety, View from Bridge, Cruise DVD Preview, Onboard Services, Destination Services

Is there a fridge in standard cabin?

No, just in plus cabins, but you can get ice in an ice bucket

are there tea and coffee making facilities in cabin please?

Yes

Is there are 'shower gel' etc in bathroom (or tissues)

Yes, but I take my own shower gel. There are tissues.

Is there a decent hairdryer - I've got long hair!!

I would advise taking your own.

Is there bottled water in cabin and how much do they charge for it?

Cannot remember price...usually bought it much cheaper on shore.

There are 4 of us, so is a drinks package a best buy and does it include stuff for an 8 year old?

Debatable! Depends on how much they are charging, how much you drink...alcohol, soft drinks, coffee, etc.. Some drinks have a supplement. There have been long threads on the subject. Everyone on one booking has to buy a drinks package, I think children's may be half price, but not sure.

Is there a launderette and/or an ironing room etc?

No self service launderette or ironing room on the Majesty but you can have clothes laundered at a charge, next day service. There was also a notice left near the end of our cruise offering a laundry service....fill a bag for ?£25. Probably a good idea if you have a lot to launder..will make it easier when you get home! :D

Is it worth booking a Thompson trip for Venice please?

Depends whether you get into Venice or to Choggia. Others may be able to advise.

Does anyone have recent experience of the weather in Venice. Croatia etc - Do we need cardigans or the like?

In October...yes probably best to take some. Roll up Lightweight macs are a good idea to take too.

Is the swimming pool heated?

No

Is there a gym and Spa?

Yes...haven't used either though.

Any answers will be delightedly received. Thank you XX

Hope this helps. Loved the Majesty and the Adriatic is an excellent itinerary. My grandson went to the Kids Club on the Spirit and loved it.

If you mean is it worth booking a tour to Venice as opposed to doing it yourself I couldn't say but it's a must see!

Doing it alone: If you get a river bus, (not a taxi) which can be picked up at the station, a 5-10 minute stroll from the ship the prices are reasonable and you'll be dropped off 100 yards from St Marks square. There you'll find a timetable for return journeys and it's all quite simple. You'll probably find that the buses are full of your cruise companions anyway! We had some of the entertainments team on ours!

I'd already done the Doges Palace and wasn't prepared to queue for an hour plus to do it again, despite it being 30 years ago! The gondolas are expensive and you may get a better deal through a formal excursion but Venice is all about wandering about and taking in the atmosphere.