Miami Intercontinental

Mr B

We have booked in the UK and our package includes a one night pre-cruise stay at the Intercontinental Miami - I've done a search and there are 2 Intercontinental's - one downtown and the other by the Bayside area.

Does anyone know which is included in the Princess package from the UK and if so how would they rate it?

TIA

Diana

I don't know which one they use, but you would WANT the one downtown, overlooking Bayside Marketplace and the Port of Miami. The downtown Intercontinental is a very nice hotel, the other one west of the airport doesn't get very good ratings.

I'm wondering why Princess would put you in Miami in the first place though since they sail from Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) and not the Port of Miami. :confused:

• 1 month later...

Mr B

You want the Intercontinental Chopin Plaza which is the one downtown. You DO NOT want the one at the airport. I am concerned though about what the other reply said regarding Princess going out of FLL. You'd better check that out. If you are correct about MIA you will not be disappointed with this hotel. It is very nice. walking distance to Bayside along a promenade. Safe at night. Nice pool area and bar overlooking the Bay. We were on the concierge level so used that for breakfast and cocktails. Ate dinner at Bayside so I cannot tell you about prices for meals at Intercontinental.

Hi Mr B :)

I have placed this same question in the uk thread in floataway lounge, no answer there so far. Husband tried our travel agent no luck there either. Can't fill in immigration form without it. Might try putting in one of the addresses hopefully will get full address on final documents, could change it then if wrong. When you sailing?

Middy :)

Hello Mr B

When Princess put us up in the Intercontinental last April it was the one by the airport. I don't know what it's like now, but they were doing a fair bit of refurbishment when we were there so we didn't get to see it at it's best.

I have to say I thought FL would have been a better bet for a hotel as we were sailing from Port Everglades but Miami it was.

There isn't much in the surrounding area to do either, although by the time you get to the hotel a couple of drinks and bed is about all you want.

Trish

Archived