Costa Rica's favorites

cruiseescape

Has anyone done this one??? It is the aerial tram with the mawamba boat??? Did you see much wildlife??? I really want to see the monkeys. Well the sloths and the toucans too! I know alot of people have said they didn't see too much wildlife on the aerial tram but I was hoping to see more of it on the boat...am I right??? It is a really long day 10 hours I am just hoping it is worth it. Any info on this tour would be great!!! :rolleyes:

We took this tour in December.

The tram was very peaceful and sedate, but there was almost no wildlife to be seen - only a few butterflies. The rainforest scenery is very attractive, but I expected more animal sightings. There is an excellent gift shop at the tram and this is probably your best shopping opportunity since it is such a long day. In the garden at the tram we saw a very small (but very poisonous) Eyelash Viper. It was regular resident and was curled up on a large plant leaf.

Lunch was next and it was served at an open air restaurant. It was quite good.

Enroute to the boats, we stopped while the guide captured an extemely poisonous Poison Dart Frog for us to see. It was tiny, but deadly. We also toured a banana field and the guide explained the life cycle of bananas.

The highlight was the cruise on the Tortugero Canals. If you want wildlife, this is where you will see it. We saw 4 separate groups of Howler Monkeys with young, a huge croc in the water, numerous caimans on the shore (very near the boat), really big iguanas (green and copper colored), sloths, bats, numerous water fowl, etc. It was fantastic!

This tour is highly recommended.

I will back up what Mike(the above poster) said in that the boat ride through the Tortugero Canals was fantasticf. Saw all sorts of monkeys, sloths, many, many kinds of birds, etc. One of the best excursions that I have ever been on.

Marilyn

• 3 weeks later...

Archived