Amtrak discount code for Carnival Cruisers?

trooper49

DW and I are sailing on the Dream from New Orleans Jan. 11th and Amtrak told me that fare code #v875 ends on Dec. 24th. Would anyone happen to know the new code for after that date? Tried calling Carnival and they couldn't find it... :(

We have a group of 6 taking the City of New Orleans down from Chicago. Thank you very much !! :)

I'm just guessing, but maybe in a month or two they will extend the expiration date, or get a new code.

I took Amtrak from Effingham IL to New Orleans for a cruise two years ago, and I was able to use the Carnival Discount code. It saved me around $100 I believe on the tickets.

From my (limited) experience, the price of the train does not increase until a few weeks before departure.

I'm just guessing, but maybe in a month or two they will extend the expiration date, or get a new code.

I took Amtrak from Effingham IL to New Orleans for a cruise two years ago, and I was able to use the Carnival Discount code. It saved me around $100 I believe on the tickets.

From my (limited) experience, the price of the train does not increase until a few weeks before departure.

Thanks halterk, That's was my thought, I was just hoping one of our cruise critic friends might have a inside track for the discount. :)

Just saw this site on my M & G for the Pride 14 day repo in Mar, 2015. We are going by train from Lancaster, PA to Phila, PA Then to Tampa, FL . We already paid $635 for the 2 of us. Don't understand the discount & don't know where to check on it. Any help appreciated. Alice

I actually called yesterday and asked about the discount code for 2015, but they don't have it yet. There's a new one every year. Just have to wait a little longer I guess. But yup the code for 2014 is V875. Reservations have to be made over the phone when using the cruiseline discounts. Typing it in the promo box won't work. Norwegian has one every year as well.

Can someone please explain this promotion? Carnival has a fare code for discount train tix? Or amtrak has a dic. code for carnival tix?

If it's the former, is it only for lines along the mid west line?

As far as I know, the discount can be applied to any port city or surrounding city. For example, we made reservations last year to Orlando for a reservation on the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral. Orlando is considered a port city. The discount is 20% for coach, 15% for roomettes I think. We wound up changing our plans but the discount was pretty decent.

We used the discount on a trip from Buffalo to NYC, we tried booking online and it wouldnt accept the code when we put it in, called Amtrak and they said this code had to be called in when booking to be honored, if I remember correctly we also had to give our booking number with Carnival.

We saved quite a bit using the discount code, I imagine if youve already booked you could cancel your booking and rebook using the code(when it comes out for 2015) as long as the base price is the same and hasnt gone up.

Edited by kelly11

Had no idea Carnival had a Amtrak discount code.. :( wish I would have known that before I booked my roomette for Dec 6th.

Call Amtrak with code V875, you are cruising before the cut off for that code. They should honor it for you. :)

It's an Amtrak promotion for Carnival guests. You have to be going to a port city and they asked me for my booking number when we used it to go to Boston two years ago. It doesn't work on Amtrak's discounted tickets, but it will work on regularly priced tickets. We saved a bit of money because we were able to grab the last two cheap tickets and only had to do regular price (with the Carnival code) for one ticket.

Call Amtrak with code V875, you are cruising before the cut off for that code. They should honor it for you. :)

Just called. Would have worked but the price of the roomette has gone up since my initial purchase. The CS rep said since I had purchased it online, he would have to cancel my reservation and repurchase at the new price plus the discount, which was more than what I originally paid for. O well, it was worth a try :rolleyes:

Just called. Would have worked but the price of the roomette has gone up since my initial purchase. The CS rep said since I had purchased it online, he would have to cancel my reservation and repurchase at the new price plus the discount, which was more than what I originally paid for. O well, it was worth a try :rolleyes:

Sorry it didn't work out mrneil001. I called Amtrak this afternoon and a super nice rep. worked on trying to find me the code for over a half a hour with no luck. :(

• 3 months later...