Carnival Freedom vs Liberty with a 7 year old

tasha7911

Going on my second Carnival Cruise and my 7 year old daughters first. We are booking SOON (Nov 15th) and cant decide between Carnival Liberty or Freedom! Any advice would be welcome. After flight and cruise price is very comparable for a Outside room so price wont be the deciding factor.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!:)

Tasha

We took our son who was 7 at the time on the Freedom and he could not get enough of the camp, arcade and the ship. I haven't been on the Liberty to say which is better but we had a great time on the Freedom as did our son.

You might prefer Freedom as the kid's clubs were revamped during dry dock. Also has the Dr. Seuss additions. Check out the Freedom review by Clevecruiser. Has a lot of pictures of the ship post dry dock.

I really like both ships. You cannot make a bad decision between the two in my opinion.

Both are sister ships.

your daughter will be in the 6-8 year program. Camps are not opened 24 hrs a day. Sea day they open at 10 and close at 12:45 open at 2 close at 5 and opened again at 7

camps are not opened the first night but there is a family dance about 8pm.

Do the camp registration online. Attend the orientation the first day (about 5pm to meet the counselors.

My GD only were a few times.

Both are sister ships.

your daughter will be in the 6-8 year program. Camps are not opened 24 hrs a day. Sea day they open at 10 and close at 12:45 open at 2 close at 5 and opened again at 7

camps are not opened the first night but there is a family dance about 8pm.

Do the camp registration online. Attend the orientation the first day (about 5pm to meet the counselors.

My GD only were a few times.

I agree with the orientation. It was nice to meet all of the camp leaders and get a taste of what they are doing while in camp. They also have a Q&A at the end for any parents with questions.