RCCL Independence of the Seas October 25, 2015

Darrell6t

Glad to see some other posters have joined our thread. I had basically given up on this site!

Looking forward to seeing you again, Matt. It certainly has been a few years since we've cruised together.

There are 8 of us (that I know of) in the Aquafest group from Rehoboth Beach, DE. We are planning some SIMPLE costumes, but not bothering to dress for the formal nights.

Bob and I have been to San Juan several times....did the fort tour, luminescence kayak, and the RSVP takeover of Lazer dance club. We will probably just do a little walk-around of Old San Juan.

In St. Marteen, we have been to Orient Beach, the iguana farm, Margot, and Mayo Beach to see the airplanes land. We will just take a taxi (very easy to do) and either go back up to Orient Beach or to Sunset Bar at Mayo Beach (or both!).

We have never been to St. Kitts, but have signed up for the private Aquafest beach party at the Carambola Beach Club.

We are flying down to FLL on Thursday Oct. 22 and staying 3 nights at The Cabanas gay guesthouse. We have stayed there before and loved it. Flying back home the day we get back.

I just posted this on the main roll call, but repeating it here for those that like to plan...

Hi guys -

Someone just posted Cruise Compasses and other info from their recent 7 day eastern cruise on Indy. Located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2243436

Also noted that one of the Compasses wished Super Mario a Happy Birthday. I didn't know he was on Indy. I've always wanted to meet him. Hopefully he'll still be sailing here in the Fall. For those who don't know, he's is Royal's number one cruiser. The Pinnacle of Pinnacles, so to speak.

OK, it's crickets in here again, so thought I would bump us up.

I'm going to do the first martini tasting with aquafest, but have not planned any other group things. On St Maarten I am grabbing a ferry to either St Barths or to Anguilla (still deciding) - both islands are totally new to me.

On St Kitts I'm doing a 2 hour tour with Beulah Mills to Romney and then to Pearl Court.

San Juan is up in the air. I'm surprised AF is not doing a party at one of the bars the way RSVP does..

... but I might take a little ginger that morning just in case :)

Matt I know it wasn't your intent, but this had a cute double entendre and it gave me a good chuckle this morning. Thanks for giving me a laugh to start my Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I will be on this cruise, booked 18 months ago with our TA. Glad AF will be on her. I recognize you Matt from other posting here on CC. Hope we can meet on the cruise at the LGBT get together or maybe if anyone will be planning a meet and great at one of the bars in Ft Lauderdale the night before the cruise. Scandals would be a good place.

I’m wondering how may D, D+ & P from the group will be in the CL. I too have never meet Mario and hope he is one this cruise.

Looking forward to a great cruise experience!

Joe & Jim

Massachusetts

Joe. Wow. We are finally on the same cruise. It's been like 25 years since we've seen each other? I don't think AF has used royal much before? So may not be so many upper level cruisers. I think they will have a pre cruise bar picked out and at least that will be open to everyone.

I will be at the cruise critic meet n greet and there's a very active roll call on the main board.

Joe. Wow. We are finally on the same cruise. It's been like 25 years since we've seen each other? I don't think AF has used royal much before? So may not be so many upper level cruisers. I think they will have a pre cruise bar picked out and at least that will be open to everyone.

I will be at the cruise critic meet n greet and there's a very active roll call on the main board.

I was thinking the same thing, it's been years. Your making me feel old.:eek: If your on the other AF boards and they are going to stop by a Ft Lauderdale bar the night before the cruise please let me know so we can be their. We will be in town for the week before the cruise. We have never cruised with AF only with PP a few times.

A person must be a member of Cruise Critic and probably going with Aquafest and be interested in participating in any discussion. That is not a big number it seems. The regular RCCL Roll Call has a lot of participation, though a lot of it is just chitchat unrelated to the cruise. Now that summer is over (tell that to the weather gods, because it is hot and humid here still), maybe people will return from the beach and post a bit more. Have a lovely Labor Day weekend.

I know what you mean Matt. The past few AF cruises have had less and less pre-cruise conversation on the boards. I kind of wonder if people like us are relics of an earlier era and all the other folks are communicating through online phone apps.

AF says they will announce the pre cruise bar a few weeks before the cruise. I'm guessing it's going to be somewhere in Wilton Manors. But who knows....

They actually announced this in their Vacation Guide packet. The pre-cruise party will be a no-host party at B Bar and Grille in Wilton Manors. I think this used to be Bill's Filling Station. Details about this event will be emailed to all participants approximately 2 weeks before departure.

Edited by monumax

Max - I think it has to change because word on Wilton Drive is that B Bar closed in August. It's too bad the location didn't survive the name change but the place really needed a re-do. Not sure where the bear crowd is hanging out now. But since I'm moving back to Fort Lauderdale at the end of the month I'm sure I will find out :)

Max - I think it has to change because word on Wilton Drive is that B Bar closed in August. It's too bad the location didn't survive the name change but the place really needed a re-do. Not sure where the bear crowd is hanging out now. But since I'm moving back to Fort Lauderdale at the end of the month I'm sure I will find out :)

Moving back to FLL, great. Have you heard Scandals maybe moving to 26th Street? Maybe AF will meet there.