Planetarium

elaine61

Deck 3L Cunard Connections - Foward. However, we found on the Carribean Cruise that even with tickets there were more than a few passengers who did not get them and snuck in the side/back door. (Prior to tickets everyone used to queue up and many ignored the lines).

Stars Over the Atlantic is an excellent show.

Those who 'snuck in' may not have gotten the prime 'red' seats under the dome.

The lounge accomodates a lot more people than the red chairs do .. but they are outside the plantarium 'dome' and probably cannot see as well (at all?).

Also be aware that many (a number larger than I thought Cunard would allow) of the 'red' seats are broken. These red seats under the planetarium dome recline (lever in the left side armrest) and have a pop-up table (lever in the END of the armrest). Not sure if the other chairs recline thusly.

MANY of the seats on my 09 Aug 2005 Crossing were broken. Either constantly reclined (broken locking mechanism) or would NOT recline (something broken in the recline mechanism).

Also be prepared for a symphony of snoring around you about mid-way thru the wonderful show. Seems it is a very relaxing theater and in total darkness sans the night sky and a soothing voice, some people do get tooo relaxed!

From a conversation with a recent passenger it would appear if you are in any way effected by epilepsy or its sub-strains then the show is NOT for you. This particular lady I spoke with had a seizure after being told it was ok to view.

From a conversation with a recent passenger it would appear if you are in any way effected by epilepsy or its sub-strains then the show is NOT for you. This particular lady I spoke with had a seizure after being told it was ok to view.

Why would someone have a seizure in the Planetarium? Are there strobe or flashing lights during the show?:confused:

The lady did not have the seizure within the planatarium but after sitting through a show she had checked to see if she could watch. It would appear yes there are strobes and flshing light sof some description. Just a warning that is all.

To answer Gracecarmo, yes there are no reserved seats. One entrance to the planetarium is used to go in and the other is used as the exit. Arrive early so you can grab the best red seats. The ones in the center and towards the back are the best. Make sure the ones you choose can recline.

Regarding seizures, I can understand why they might be caused - by the way there is a warning at the beginning of each show. The show appears to be very 3D and the scene in the dome revolves. It made me feel a bit dizzy and I don't even suffer from sea sickness.

Dear winterstar...... There are three different shows...all are good...and the QM2 staff has it well organized.......Many showings are scheduled each day for the presentation of the day....The staff was having a bit of trouble with one of the "films" (don't want to really call them films). but had it ironed out by the July crossings..

Enjoy...donnotrump.....

I read somewhere recently that the seating was not able to stand up to the weight of some pax. They certainly are in a sorry state right now.

David.

As you may recall, last year I posted a review and in it described a woman who was indeed of more than ample proportions who "saved" and entire row for her associates, all of similar girth. I do remember that in the mad dash to claim those seats they plopped down very hard on them.

When we were on another cruise we noticed several passengers playing with the recliner on the seats - making it go up/down.

Jeanne

You can only get planetarium tickets on the morning of the actual showing. And one other little tip. The back row of red seats do not recline. The best seats in the house is dead center next to the last row. I found the show "Search for Life" (narrated by Harrison Ford) to be the best; followed by Infinity Express. They were all good. Being on a moving ship & in a reclining position, the fast moving action & flashing lights can be disorienting. So, heed the warning if you have seizures or heart problems!

Archived