Just off the Breeze! Watcha wanna know?

Nicole721

Hi CC friends!

We're fresh (read: two hours) off an AMAZING 8-day cruise on the Breeze, and I've got another five hours to kill before my flight.

Any questions? Points I should make sure I hit in the review thread I'll start later in the week? Wanna see a picture of the most amazing sunset we saw off the coast of Cuba last night? ...Bueller?

:)

Hi CC friends!

We're fresh (read: two hours) off an AMAZING 8-day cruise on the Breeze, and I've got another five hours to kill before my flight.

Any questions? Points I should make sure I hit in the review thread I'll start later in the week? Wanna see a picture of the most amazing sunset we saw off the coast of Cuba last night? ...Bueller?

:)

Was Cayman Island in itinerary?

Nope, not on this trip.

Our itinerary was Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curaçao and Aruba.

Been to Grand Cayman a bunch of times, though. Beautiful island :)

Our group of 5 will be in Grand Turk in 42 days. Can you tell me the highs and lows, what you did etc. ?

Love to see pictures ! ( and a review )

We are cruising 8 night' date=' in January. Only been on 1 other Carnival cruise, so looking forward to your input.

How was Steak House & Italian restaurant ?[/quote']

Both were fantastic! We did the steakhouse once and the Italian restaurant twice. I'll be sure to post lots of pics of both in my review! :)

Our group of 5 will be in Grand Turk in 42 days. Can you tell me the highs and lows, what you did etc. ?

Grand Turk is a very small island (you can basically see the entire island from deck 11), and as such, there isn't a ton to do (so this would be the low). There are a couple of beaches right off the pier, a Margaritaville with a pool and a few dozen shops.

We've been to Grand Turk a bunch of times now, and we usually just get off for an hour and do a little shopping or go to Margaritaville for drinks. If you're beach people, the beaches are lovely. I think Carnival offers a few excursions, but because the island is so small and there isn't much to explore, we usually just stick to shopping :)

I think I read on our role call (we leave out on Breeze next weekend) that Matt is on vacation now for a few months.

Nicole--who is the CD now?

CD now is Wee Jimmy and he was probably the best CD we've had in our 15 or so Carnival cruises!

He had me in STITCHES anytime he was around!

What movies were playing outside? We are leaving this Saturday - so excited! Top 3 to 5 things you did on board?

We are worried about all the rain in our forecast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You know, there was a TON of rain in our forecast and we didn't see a single drop. It's the Caribbean -- every port is always forecasts for rain!

My Fun Times are in my luggage, but off the top of my head, they played The Fault in Our Stars, Divergent, Malificent, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Halloween (on Halloween LOL), one of the Godzilla movies, The Other Woman, one of the Fast and the Furious movies...I'll make sure to post a full list in my review when I can access my Fun Times!

Top 3-5 things I did onboard...hmm...in no particular order...

1. Welcome Aboard show was hilarious until I got pulled onstage to dance my tush off (literally...). Mom had fun watching the replays on the tv of that one.

2. Live music in the Red Frog pub. It's acoustic and fantastic. The pub grub not so much -- skip that.

3. Halloween costume contest. Anything Wee Jimmy hosted was hilarious (which was pretty much every event -- I couldn't name or identify a single other member of the entertainment staff because Wee Jimmy was everywhere. Not sure what that says about his staff but he was great!).

4. Cucina del Capitano on the first night for dinner -- free carafe of wine.

5. Seaside Theatre! Movies + popcorn + blankets + cruise air = absolute relaxation!

Edited by Nicole721

You know, there was a TON of rain in our forecast and we didn't see a single drop. It's the Caribbean -- every port is always forecasts for rain!

My Fun Times are in my luggage, but off the top of my head, they played The Fault in Our Stars, Divergent, Malificent, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Halloween (on Halloween LOL), one of the Godzilla movies, The Other Woman, one of the Fast and the Furious movies...I'll make sure to post a full list in my review when I can access my Fun Times!

Top 3-5 things I did onboard...hmm...in no particular order...

1. Welcome Aboard show was hilarious until I got pulled onstage to dance my tush off (literally...). Mom had fun watching the replays on the tv of that one.

2. Live music in the Red Frog pub. It's acoustic and fantastic. The pub grub not so much -- skip that.

3. Halloween costume contest. Anything Wee Jimmy hosted was hilarious (which was pretty much every event -- I couldn't name or identify a single other member of the entertainment staff because Wee Jimmy was everywhere. Not sure what that says about his staff but he was great!).

4. Cucina del Capitano on the first night for dinner -- free carafe of wine.

5. Seaside Theatre! Movies + popcorn + blankets + cruise air = absolute relaxation!

Thank you! LOL my DD(13) was all excited to hear about several of those movies! Did they provide blankets or should we pack a couple? I'm guessing it was a little chilly at night? Temperatures during the day nice enough for shorts and short sleeves?

I think your quick note back has the entire family ramping back up on excitement - hehe thanks again!

Thank you! LOL my DD(13) was all excited to hear about several of those movies! Did they provide blankets or should we pack a couple? I'm guessing it was a little chilly at night? Temperatures during the day nice enough for shorts and short sleeves?

I think your quick note back has the entire family ramping back up on excitement - hehe thanks again!

Blankets are available free of charge at the towel hut :)

Temps were actually pretty warm at night and very warm during the day. It was downright sweltering when we were docked in Aruba.

Is there a charge for the "Taste Bar"? I have heard they have great soups and salads?

No charge! They have a pretty expansive salad bar on sea days (they also have soup and turkey wraps out) and small bites from the specialty restaurants on the ship on four or five of the nights -- all free of charge!

Yay!!!!! LOVE your reviews!!!!!:D:D

Glad you had a great cruise.

We were just on the Breeze in July for our 2nd time, and are in LOVE with her.

We did the same itinerary that you did, but it's always nice to see it through someone else's eyes.

Cannot wait for the review and the pictures.

Welcome home, and safe travels back home!:D

Yay!!!!! LOVE your reviews!!!!!:D:D

Glad you had a great cruise.

We were just on the Breeze in July for our 2nd time, and are in LOVE with her.

We did the same itinerary that you did, but it's always nice to see it through someone else's eyes.

Cannot wait for the review and the pictures.

Welcome home, and safe travels back home!:D

Thankssss!!!! :)