Glass Bottom Boat?

Athena1026

We will be cruising to Nassau in October and were also thinking about the Glass Bottom Boat excursion with a 3 year old grandson. Any information from anyone who has taken this excursion would be greatly appreciated.

DJ

Hello, I did the glass bottom boat in Freeport 2 years ago. I personally didn't think it was worth the money. You have to stand up and lean over and look down in a hole where the glass is. (This made me sick, having to stand up on the tiny boat) You couldn't see very well either. You could see the shape of the fish, turtles, etc but you couldn't really see the colors of them, everything looked like a dark green. JMO on all of this. Good Luck with whatever you pick to do, you'll have a good time doing whatever you do, because your on vacation!!! :)

Just wondering if anyone had anymore information. We were in Nassau in 1995 (my HS graduation trip) and I think we went with someone that was offering glass bottom boat rides from the pier. Looking back that doesn't seem real safe, but it was a large group of people and boat. Just wondering if there are vendors that offer glass bottom boats cheaper than the ship price.

• 6 years later...
We will be cruising to Nassau in October and were also thinking about the Glass Bottom Boat excursion with a 3 year old grandson. Any information from anyone who has taken this excursion would be greatly appreciated.

DJ

Did the Freeport tour recently.You might want to take some Dramimine before the tour.Several people got sea sick.Also use the bathroom before you board. The head onboard was filthy and unsanitary.Men's door was locked so i used the ladies room. Could not lock the door so i had to hold the doorknob with one hand LOL. Also didn't have a light in it. The toilet wouldn't flush. A single word to describe it ... DISGUSTING!!! I don't think a 3 year old would be totally safe onboard. Too much motion even for an adult.We did see a shark through the glass bottom. Glad to get back to shore. Good luck and try to enjoy it!

Archived