Circle C on the Dream for 14 year old

hotrodchick7887

We will be cruising on the Dream on May 31, 2015 for 7 days and I have been trying to collect information about Circle C for my 14 year old stepson. Does anyone have any recent programs for Circle C on the Dream or any other ships? He is afraid that he is basically going to be babysat while there and I am trying to explain to him that isn't the case at all. This will be his first cruise so he has no clue what to expect. I would like for him to make some friends on the ship so that he isn't feeling excluded when his father and I go to Adult only shows and stuff. Any ammo you can give me would be SO appreciated! I just want him to have an awesome time and meet some kids his age.

Since it is his first time-- he has nothing to compare it to.

the program for his age group is 12-14 which is the hardest group onboard since these kids are too cool for programs.

basically you tell him that it is mandatory that he go to the meet and greet the first night-- and particiapate in the ice breakers.

this gets him to meet and greet the kids that will be sailing with him for the week.

Rare do these kids do the program but you can find them hanging out together---playing cards or eating pizza. playing basketball. or the mini golf.

It is not a babysitting service-- far from it.

the program pages you see today will not be what is happening on your cruise as that stuff happens all the time.

I would give him as little information and let him find out how it works when he boards-- but like I said-- make it mandatory that he go that first night

Edited by serene56

Echoing that he needs to go the first night.

My son wanted to eat dinner with the family and decided to skip the first night. When he went on the 3rd night, kids had already formed groups and weren't hanging out in the kids club.

He agreed that missing the first night was a big mistake.

My 14 year old loves going to camp stuff. They have video games to use, Mario cart tournaments, dodge balls tournaments, karaoke, dance parties, etc. Lots of time the kids do go hang out on their own. I think he will love it if he is outgoing!!

We will be cruising on the Dream on May 31, 2015 for 7 days and I have been trying to collect information about Circle C for my 14 year old stepson. Does anyone have any recent programs for Circle C on the Dream or any other ships? He is afraid that he is basically going to be babysat while there and I am trying to explain to him that isn't the case at all. This will be his first cruise so he has no clue what to expect. I would like for him to make some friends on the ship so that he isn't feeling excluded when his father and I go to Adult only shows and stuff. Any ammo you can give me would be SO appreciated! I just want him to have an awesome time and meet some kids his age.

Encourage him to at least go the first night. My kids are not big fans of the kids clubs but they did go that first night and meet kids who hung out together through the week.

Thank you for the replies! I definitely think we will be making it mandatory that he goes the first night.. I was telling him and his dad a little more about it this evening and he actually started to sound a little excited about it once he learned that there will be video games and that it isn't a babysitting service. He likes the idea of being able to come and go as he pleases AND the fact that he will be able to meet other kids his age to hang out with. He WILL be going the first night for sure! Again, thanks for the replies.. was wanting to see a fairly current program so that I could kind of tell him some of the activities that they offer.

• 5 months later...

My family is on the May 31 Dream cruise and we have a 14 yr old son too! Our boys have been on the Magic but this will be our first time on the Dream. Our oldest was 12 at the time and met some boys his age on the last cruise. If I remember correctly, not a lot of structured activities for this age group. The boys would often meet up at Circle C and then head to the video arcade or hang out at the pool. Someone created a group on FB and I think there's a kid meet n greet planned, in addition to the Circle C initial meeting.

• 1 month later...
My family is on the May 31 Dream cruise and we have a 14 yr old son too! Our boys have been on the Magic but this will be our first time on the Dream. Our oldest was 12 at the time and met some boys his age on the last cruise. If I remember correctly, not a lot of structured activities for this age group. The boys would often meet up at Circle C and then head to the video arcade or hang out at the pool. Someone created a group on FB and I think there's a kid meet n greet planned, in addition to the Circle C initial meeting.

Awesome!!! I hope our boys can meet up then!!! Our cruise is coming up fast! I can't wait to set sail!

My daughter was almost 14 when we sailed the dream. She had a blast and especially loved meeting kids from other countries. Definitely go the first night. The kids would do some of the activities and would sometimes plan a meetup by the pizza. She never felt 'babysat' at all.

We went on the Elation when she was 15 and she wished she was still in circle c. There was a lot more participation in circle c than in club O2.

Edited by Wendyland

• 2 weeks later...