MSC Club points reduction!

Skipper Tim

After months of emailing MSC Club about the points missing from onboard spend aboard the Armonia earlier in the year, I checked the MSC website yet again today to see if they had been added. Not only had they not been added but my total had been reduced by 10 points and I had been stripped of my former Gold status!

I have emailed the MSC Club. They have previously insisted that they were unable to manually adjust the total. Only 'Napoli' could do this. Why would Napoli reduce my points balance in respnse to a request add missing points?

Has anyone else experienced anythinng like this with the MSC Club?

Edited by Skipper Tim

After months of emailing MSC Club about the points missing from onboard spend aboard the Armonia earlier in the year, I checked the MSC website yet again today to see if they had been added. Not only had they not been added but my total had been reduced by 10 points and I had been stripped of my former Gold status!

I have emailed the MSC Club. They have previously insisted that they were unable to manually adjust the total. Only 'Napoli' could do this. Why would Napoli reduce my points balance in respnse to a request add missing points?

No I haven't. Missing points several times but not them reducing points after they'd been added.

Good luck getting it fixed.

Skipper Tim, What is the e-mail address for MSC Club?

Arsinoe, it's probably different depending on GEO, and Tim is across the pond.

For us in the US:

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/MSC-Club/Contact-Us.aspx

The responses come from individuals, and it's 50/50 if they respond to another question on the same thread. Unlikely they'd respond to a random request if they are not expected to respond to a reply to their own answer.

Also, expect a response time measured in weeks. :(

Tim, sorry to hear of your problems. Keep at them and see if you can get to zero. :eek:

Edited by mikesteg

Not only had they not been added but my total had been reduced by 10 points and I had been stripped of my former Gold status!

Skipper Tim,

Yes this seems to be a common problem. My traveling companion went from Gold to Silver which is still not straightened out.

Mine was 76 points in the email directly from MSC Club in April. Since then I have taken two cruises with them. Now on the web site it shows 64 points. So yes, points do disappear. I have not contacted them as I am taking another at the end of the month. I figure I will sort it out after that one. By the way, these are for cruises here in the States.

You are not alone! :)

Bret

Skipper Tim, What is the e-mail address for MSC Club?

mscclub@msccruises.co.uk

The one person who replies is called Sara. So far no reply, other than automated (you know the type - "we have received your email - please don't contact us again"), to my latest.

It is shocking that this has happened to others too.

Moomoo, you are not the first to say it is personal. Michael is here in Turkey on the 'land cruise' and said exactly the same. He says also beleives I am single-handedly responsible for the dissappearance of zero sole-occupancy supplements and higher repo fares in the UK and that I should be releived that Napoli have only taken points away from me rather than putting my feet in concrete and giving me a burial alive at sea.

Mr. Hawke, perhaps we could meet and discuss civilly?

mscclub@msccruises.co.uk

The one person who replies is called Sara. So far no reply, other than automated (you know the type - "we have received your email - please don't contact us again"), to my latest.

It is shocking that this has happened to others too.

Moomoo, you are not the first to say it is personal. Michael is here in Turkey on the 'land cruise' and said exactly the same. He says also beleives I am single-handedly responsible for the dissappearance of zero sole-occupancy supplements and higher repo fares in the UK and that I should be releived that Napoli have only taken points away from me rather than putting my feet in concrete and giving me a burial alive at sea.

Mr. Hawke, perhaps we could meet and discuss civilly?

Well it did cross my mind that you should not have criticised his suit!

Try Lee Mou

T in the UK office, assuming she is still there. She seemed to be on elf the main bods involved with the Club.

Well it did cross my mind that you should not have criticised his suit!

Try Lee Mou

T in the UK office, assuming she is still there. She seemed to be on elf the main bods involved with the Club.

Thanks Mairi. I will give it a day or two then try Lee (Moulton!). I have her address.

I was wondering about writing a screenscraper app to check MSC pricing across all cruises and their markets on a daily basis and publishing the fares in price order together with links to travel agents in the relevant market. I would have thought not doing so would be worth at least the 12 missing points don't you?

Still, the idea is attractive. I would find such a site very useful and a big time-saver.

We are enjoying our respective land cruises just now when we could have been on an MSC repo - had UK solo fares been sensible early on.

Of more general interest to bargain hunters is that BA Executive Club and Avios.com have a half-price Avios sale on many longhaul routes booked by Nov 17th for travel by the end of January. The taxes etc. are the same and only economy is included. Among the routes are Sao Paulo, Rio and Buenos Aires to the UK.