early boarding activities

travelgals

Sailing Zenith out of Port Liberty on 8/27 and it looks like we we be there early in the day (Noon). Is the pool open? Resturants? The men will have traveled in blazers and I was thinking of packing swimsuits in a carryon, figuring we would not get into our rooms until later. Does anyone have any recent experience with this. Our last two cruises were out of New York in March when it is too cold to enjoy the pool the first day.

Hi Travelgals,

When you board you will recieve a glass of champaign or orange juice and information about the status of the facilities. Usually the cabins are in the process of being made ready, and will not be available until 1:00P. Sometimes you can get to your cabin to deposit your carry on bags, but in any case the buffet will be avaiable for lunch. The pool deck will have drink service, and the pool and spas should be available. The life boat drill is usually accomplished at about 5:00P, with early dinner seating at about 6:00P. Hope you have a great cruise.

Petert

Since we're usually in a lather to embark, we tend to be among the early ons, so I can speak to this somewhat, though not to the specifics of your cruise.

I'll differ with Petert slightly, in saying that your room may not be available - but I've always been able to ditch our bags in the cabin without difficulty.

Otherwise, all the embarkation day ship's activities will be on. In August, the weather ought to be warm enough for the pool to be open, if not you could always go soak in the hot tubs - alas, no Thallasotherapy option.

May I ask, why on earth are the men travelling in blazers? They'll likely be hot & uncomfortable, and it really won't do the clothing any favours, either. Please yourselves by all means, but the jackets and their wearers might be better off if the blazers were packed.

Have a great cruise!

Stephen

The reason my husband will be wearing his blazer, at least until we board the plane for the flight across the pond, is because British Air and Virgin both restrict the weight of carry on bags to 6 kilos.

Since we like to always have a change of clothes with us in case of lost luggage and Celebrity requires a jacket or more for dinner for half of our dinners, my husband is going to wear his blazer, which is heavier that other items we consider necessities ;)

Fair enough on the blazer - it's not like it's any of my business anyway :D.

Please tell me you'll be arriving a day ahead - flying transatlantic into a cruise - either way - is beastly, IMAO.

Anyway, Zenith is a wonderful ship, and I hope your cruise is insanely great.

Archived