Kayaking in Ketchikan

reenieking

Hi there!

We are going to be on Serenade on Saptember 4th, and i have some questions about kayaking.

I know that the shore excursions info offeres three different trips, Whiskey cove, Clover, and Tatoosh, but i can't find any pictures on the internet or information that would help me choose one over the other.

Does anyone have any insight into what's good.

The other catch is i'll be going alone! My boyfriend isn't as interested in kayaking and so i also want to know if it's ok to go alone as i know all the kayaks are doubles.

finally... i found on another board kayakkethikan.com and THEY have good reviews.

I enjoy kayaking although i'm not a professional, i'm looking for a great day with some great views.

any ideas?

-Reenieking

headed to alaska for the first time... less then 13 days away!

I did the Tatoosh Islands with SE exposure and it was really great. We had fabulous weather and it was fun. You don't have to worry about being alone - if there's not another single than you get to share a kayak with a guide. If everyone has a partner they take a single kayak and if someone needs a partner they take out a double. It's probably the same everywhere.

We just went Southeast Kayaks on the 14th and had a great time. It was my family of four and another gentleman. The single rode in a double with the guide. I think he had the best seat because he could always hear the guide and easily ask questions.

If you decide to go with SE Kayaks, keep in mind it is slow moving...paddle a little and rest...take a couple pictures...and paddle a little more. You will see a few eagles and some starfish...that's about it. If you like to move quickly, you would not like this tour.

We are on the same ship and using Southeast -- 4 of us -- at 9am. They only take 6 at a time, but if there is room, come join us. Did you sign up for the cc party? I know they were looking for some more to get to the requisite 25.

We did sign up for the Meet and Mingle, last i looked we were still short. I enjoyed the party on the last cruise i was on, although it was at an inconvienent time and many people couldn't make it, i hope we get the 25!

As for the Kayaking, i'm usually a plan ahead person, but i think i'll wait until we get there to see, i have heard many good things about SE and hopefully if i hold off on booking, i can convince my boyfriend to join me. we shall see.

I look forward to meeting you !!!

-Reenieking

Archived