Tips and Hints on Summit

k9hndler

DH and I were on Summit in February 2014, and one section of the buffet served tea sandwiches and scones from 4-5 PM daily, and the hours should be listed under buffet hours on the back of your Celebrity Today.

We really enjoyed this little late afternoon pick me up prior to our late seating in the MDR.

Thank you for the tip Maam, those scones are to die for.

Just a quick question to all if you experienced Summit cruisers. I just received this text from Celebrity: " S: Celebrity Summit Cruise Notification

Hello, this is Celebrity Cruises. We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on the Celebrity Summit. Once Celebrity Summit arrives to San Juan, Puerto Rico on November 22, there will be a required U.S. Coast Guard inspection for onboard guests. This inspection may impact your boarding experience as we cannot board your sailing until the inspection has been completed. Therefore, check-in for your cruise will take place between 1:00 PM and 7:00 PM as published. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, please do not plan to arrive at the terminal prior to 1:00 PM. We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Celebrity Summit. To confirm: reply with YES and send."

We had been planning to go to the pier about 11-12 on Saturday. Here's my question: did y'all receive a similar text when you cruised and we're you able to board prior to 1pm? (Can you tell that I'm anxious to board?!) Thanks!

Karilyn & Mark 🌞🌴🌊

from Central, VA

Just a quick question to all if you experienced Summit cruisers. I just received this text from Celebrity: " S: Celebrity Summit Cruise Notification

Hello, this is Celebrity Cruises. We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on the Celebrity Summit. Once Celebrity Summit arrives to San Juan, Puerto Rico on November 22, there will be a required U.S. Coast Guard inspection for onboard guests. This inspection may impact your boarding experience as we cannot board your sailing until the inspection has been completed. Therefore, check-in for your cruise will take place between 1:00 PM and 7:00 PM as published. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, please do not plan to arrive at the terminal prior to 1:00 PM. We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Celebrity Summit. To confirm: reply with YES and send."

We had been planning to go to the pier about 11-12 on Saturday. Here's my question: did y'all receive a similar text when you cruised and we're you able to board prior to 1pm? (Can you tell that I'm anxious to board?!) Thanks!

Karilyn & Mark 🌞🌴🌊

from Central, VA

We just came back from a back to back, we did not receive any type of note like that. It seems pretty specific. On our sailing we were able to start boarding right around 11:00 and same for the people the next week, but again, no, we did not receive a note saying the above.

Oops, second part of my reply was we were planning on arriving around 4pm but ended up getting anxious and arriving at the pier at 1pm. There were a few lines but we were on the ship with 30 minutes of exiting the taxi. Have fun - we sure did!

The daily Afternoon Tea now takes place at the Aqua Spa Cafe. The scones are wonderful. Unfortunately the small delicious sandwiches have been replaced by large open faced sandwiches.

Thank you, is this for everyone and is there a cost?

On the first trip into the buffet on M class most cruisers new to the ship immediately get into the buffet line just inside the doors. This is a huge mistake as there are several lines and serving stations in the buffet and the lines in the very front are the longest and might not have the best selection for you. Instead, take a "tour" of the selections by walking down one side of the buffet, around the back, and up the other side to see all the options and serving areas. Then decide what you want.

This is a great tip - we often got our morning coffee then strolled the length of the entire buffet, chose a table then got our plates. I was incensed by the lines near the entrance and no lines near the rear plus there was much more seating near the rear.

• 2 months later...
Hi k9handler.

How was the fun factory?

His last forum activity was mid-December, so we might need to quote him so he gets a notification.

Hey Matt

We also have several Dutch's and I gotta say, they are amazing. Spped and agility of a MAl, hitting power of a GSD/Rotty. Goos dogs all. Are you on this cruise with us?

• 4 months later...
Hi k9handler.

How was the fun factory?

I just got back on as a booked another cruise for the family. Sorry about the delay. My Kids LOVED the fun factory on this SHip, NOT so much on Our previous cruise on Solstice. Hope this helps.