TrentS Hotel question

canuckof5

Hi me again

I was curiuos about a few other Hotels, as we have a card for Sheraton Hotels

SO I was wondering if you had any thoughst on any of them, compared to the Embasy we are booked at...

A few of them are lower than what we are payng at the Embassy some are a bit more..

Thanks in advance for your help:

The Westin Fort Lauderdale

400 Corporate Drive we_dot.gif Fort Lauderdale

Sheraton Yankee Clipper Hotel

1140 Seabreeze Blvd. sh_dot.gif Fort Lauderdale,

Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel

321 N. Ft. Lauderdale Beach Blvd

Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale

555 N.W. 62nd Street sh_dot.gif Fort Lauderdale, awesome deal for this one..109.00 a night.....

Again we will probably rent a car as we want to see some attractions and we Fly out of FLL..

Thanks

:)

Personally I would stay with the Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites over those myself.

Yankee Clipper & Yankee Trader are both a bit old and tired. I'd pass on those until they're remodeled.

Westin & Sheraton Suites are both in the I-95 & Cypress Creek area, 15-20 minutes north of the more touristy areas, longer in heavy traffic. They're in a more office and residential neighborhood. I wouldn't care to stay up there myself, but I guess as long as you have a car it's doable. I haven't been in those hotels though, so I can't comment on their quality.

My dear Canadian friend, I agree with Trent, but I have stayed at both the Sheraton Suites and the Westin, so if you are seriously considering them let me know. They are fine for a night or two, but you will miss the soul of Fort Lauderdale if you are up in Cypress Creek.

My dear Canadian friend, I agree with Trent, but I have stayed at both the Sheraton Suites and the Westin, so if you are seriously considering them let me know. They are fine for a night or two, but you will miss the soul of Fort Lauderdale if you are up in Cypress Creek.

Hi Howard

I was curious about the Sheratons as we are members..and I saw that they have a much cheaper rate..I know, I know you shouldn't pick a Hotel by the rate.. but Embassy is charging 170.00 a night and I saw Sheraton at least the Cypress one is 109.00 a night..so was curious..

I did order maps from a florida tourist site..but have yet to recieve them so I could map things out.....been using msn to try and look things up

We are not beach people..so thats not a biggie on our list..we want to go to the Aquarium or maybe the Zoo..but not be so far away from FLL airport we get lost..lol..

So any thoughts would be great....I'm an over planner :D to make I got everything covered..and recovered..more so when you go to a strange place you worry ..ok, I worry about things..lol....

Wish we could hire a driver..lol..for the 2 days..that would solve everything.. but sinne we didn't win the lotto this weekend..not going to happen ;)

So your thoughts would be great..

Hi Howard

I was curious about the Sheratons as we are members..and I saw that they have a much cheaper rate..I know, I know you shouldn't pick a Hotel by the rate.. but Embassy is charging 170.00 a night and I saw Sheraton at least the Cypress one is 109.00 a night..so was curious..

I did order maps from a florida tourist site..but have yet to recieve them so I could map things out.....been using msn to try and look things up

We are not beach people..so thats not a biggie on our list..we want to go to the Aquarium or maybe the Zoo..but not be so far away from FLL airport we get lost..lol..

So any thoughts would be great....I'm an over planner :D to make I got everything covered..and recovered..more so when you go to a strange place you worry ..ok, I worry about things..lol....

Wish we could hire a driver..lol..for the 2 days..that would solve everything.. but sinne we didn't win the lotto this weekend..not going to happen ;)

So your thoughts would be great..

We stayed at the Sheraton Suites in Cedar Creek pre-cruise and, while the hotel and our room was nice enough, it really was a very isolated area. We checked their dinner menu, which was quite pricey, as was a restaurant next door. There was an Italian (chain) restaurant within walking distance, but the food was so/so. The neighborhood is mainly office buildings, so nothing to see or do in the evening.

The Embassy Suites room is probably a little nicer than the Sheraton, which is also Suites, with 2 double beds and a fold out couch. But you are 15 minutes away and would need a van, or pay lots of cab fares.

From the Embassy you are walking distance to the Water Taxi stop at the Marriott Marina, which is a really cheap and worthwhile way to see Fort Lauderdale.

If your map doesn't come soon, e-mail me. I'll send you one.

Hopefully you'll get those maps soon, but try Google maps in the meantime... http://maps.google.com/

Those are very cool as you can click on HYBRID and see a satellite picture of the area as well as the street names. You can zoom in to see a closer view as well. The satellite pics are at least a couple of years old, so they're not real up to date with as much construction as has been going on down here, but they're close enough to give you an idea.

If you look at the Embassy Suites on SE 17th Street one major change since those pics were taken is that there's now a new large strip mall behind it with a Publix grocery store. The site is still an empty lot on Google's satellite pics.

Archived