Jewel/Houston Question

Spanky My

I think that very tight. you would have to be off the ship, past customs and in a fast taxi by 9:00 to make it. that's 40 minutes to Hobby ( Port site say 45) check in 1 hour before time ( airlines say 1.5 hr.)

I think NCL say 12:30 or after flight (Hobby). its on their site somewhere.

The only possible way I think you could make this is if you carry your own bags off. We were on the Jewel last week and had priority dis-embarking so we got off right after the people that were carrying their own bags off. We were in our car at 9:10am. I would opt for the later flight for piece of mind.

You will need to do easy walk off , it goes before anyone else including suites.

Unless there is a recent change, suites go before anyone. They have always held the walk offs until we were off and through customs. Suite priority disembarkation wouldn't be much of a perk if they had to wait for several hundred others going first. After suites clear customs, then walk offs, then the colors begin.

Edited by rvsullivan

In my experience suites go first. There is a short line through customs and our bags are in a separate location.

I've only done carry off my luggage once. There is mass confusion. The halls, public areas around the gangway, and stairwells are jammed with people. Catching a taxi was easy though.

That time is way too early. I hope there are no delays for you.

Edited by Susie51

Based on the experience that Princess had cruising from Houston last year (from the same terminal NCL is using) about 1/4 of the sailings were affected by late arrivals/departures due to weather (fog). Therefore, be aware that there is also a reasonable chance that fog, especially in the winter, may delay the ship's arrival and make flights before noon a problem.

Based on the experience that Princess had cruising from Houston last year (from the same terminal NCL is using) about 1/4 of the sailings were affected by late arrivals/departures due to weather (fog). Therefore, be aware that there is also a reasonable chance that fog, especially in the winter, may delay the ship's arrival and make flights before noon a problem.

I'm glad our plane leaves after 5 pm. We are going to do the NCL Houston Space Tour. Then we will be dropped of at Bush Int'l Airport.

I'm glad our plane leaves after 5 pm. We are going to do the NCL Houston Space Tour. Then we will be dropped of at Bush Int'l Airport.

All tours ending in the Airport were cancelled last week. So have a backup plan.

We got a taxi to Avis in webster (~$40) and did a one way rental ($47) and drive to nasa ($6 parking + 2x~$20 for the tickets).

In the end is cost less then the tour and got us an extra hour in nasa.

I was in a suite on the Jewel last week and we got off after all the people carrying their own luggage. It was still the fastest I've ever gone through customs (20 minutes from the moment we swiped our sign and sail cards for the last time until we were at the curb with our luggage.

Yikes!!! :eek:

How much notice was given? What was the reason? Does this happen often?

Noticed it missing from my bill Wednesday night. Letter was on the door Thursday morning.

It was due to poor sales , only direct airport transfer was running.

Not sure how often it happens.

Noticed it missing from my bill Wednesday night. Letter was on the door Thursday morning.

It was due to poor sales , only direct airport transfer was running.

Not sure how often it happens.

Thank you so much for posting this. We are a group of 11, most of whom have never cruised before. I really, really want them to enjoy cruising as much as I do, so am obsessively trying to make sure that I have everything well-planned. I will definitely get a back-up plan together. :)

All tours ending in the Airport were cancelled last week. So have a backup plan.

We got a taxi to Avis in webster (~$40) and did a one way rental ($47) and drive to nasa ($6 parking + 2x~$20 for the tickets).

In the end is cost less then the tour and got us an extra hour in nasa.

Thanks for the "heads up " and car rental idea.

Are there shuttle vans at the curb of the cruise terminal to take people to Bush?