Early Saver, Sold out cabin category... whats the point?

Beth C

Thanks for the replies, I was just hoping that maybe someone had been successful in getting the drop due to the handicapped need. We wanted just a regular accessible interior but unfortunately there were none available in the lower range so they put us in the 4J.

Theoretically based on the cabin hierarchy, if there were 4J interiors for 3 cabin available it should currently be priced lower than a deluxe oceanview for 3 which is coming up today at $1 less than what we paid for the interior.

Our groups other cabin booked on ES (regular interior) so far has received $140 in price drops, upgraded from deck 2 to 8 AND a $100 obc which is great it just stinks that we can't get anything on the accessible because we can't just upgrade to any of those deluxe oceanview cabins.

I'm not complaining - we're still going for a great price... just trying to see if there's any real benefit in the ES for an accessible cabin which I don't think there is... BUT pretty much have to book far enough out to secure an accessible cabin which happens to be in the ES time frame... Rock... ME... Hard place LOL

I may get some flack for this, but we booked the Grand Scenic OV cabin for 4 under ES. Prices kept dropping for cruise, but not for us. Got ahold of a supervisor, who allowed us to cancel and then rebook. It cost us $50.00 apiece, but saved almost $600.00 above that. We also had deposits we had to use within x time...

I have this happen a lot. I book early with a H.C. cabin, then there is a price drop, but can't move me up, because they are all sold out. They will not even give me OBC, not really fare.

Fair? it is what you signed up for. If you don't like the contract then don't book early saver. and don't complain afterwards.

Fair? it is what you signed up for. If you don't like the contract then don't book early saver. and don't complain afterwards.

Not just early saver, if the category is sold out you can't price match no matter what rate you book under. Why? Because there are no cabins left that they need to try and sell. The idea of lower pricing is to attract new bookings. Nothing unfair about it.

We have a 4J booked on the Conquest in April. I figured there wouldn't be a price drop as there are so few of them. On Wednesday, I checked Fare Viewer and the price had dropped $140. I contacted our PVP and submitted the form online immediately. The 4J that had opened up was accessible while ours was not. We were credited with OBC within 3 hours:).

I am in basically the same boat. It seems crazy, but it is how it works. I have a 4J booked for two people on the Liberty. I could save a couple of hundred dollars going to a typical interior or $100 to go to an oceanview. I have chosen to stay put. I don't want an interior and I don't want to be on a low deck. Upgrading to a balcony has been a consideration since it was only $110 per person the last time I checked. However, I did this itinerary with a balcony last year and would really like to experience the front deck and window this time. I currently have $50 OBC from an earlier sale and I am not holding my breathe that I will get more. There is only one other cabin in my category currently available, so we will see.

It seems crazy that oceanview is less expensive than any category interior, but apparently the 4J rooms are hot commodities. I hope that both of us love our rooms!

So thankful for this thread! We booked a cat 6j for four (scenic ocean view) for our upcoming Sunshine sailing. There are only a few on the ship and I had given up hope on any price reductions. During the recent 24 hour sale, the balcony rooms were priced nearly $300 less than our ocean view but Carnival refused to give us any OBC. Well, I guess someone switched cabins during that sale because today our sailing shows a cat 6J available. I was able to price match (not much but I'll take it!) Now I can continue to check each day until that cabin is booked. Here's to hoping for another big sale in the near future!

Cheers!

Kelly

Feb '11 Carnival Elation

Nov '11 Carnival Fascination

Sep '12 Royal Monarch of the Seas

Nov '12 Royal Freedom of the Seas

Sep '13 Carnival Dream

Jan '14 Disney Dream

Mar '14 Disney Magic

Aug '14 Caribbean Princess

Oct '14 Carnival Dream

May '15 Carnival Sunshine

Nov '15 Carnival Sunshine

No, that's not correct. For ES you need to match to the same specific category. I think you're not clicking far enough into Fareviewer, since it does list the prices for specific categories, like 4b or 8c or whatever.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You're right, thank you. The first page just asks for main category (interior, etc) then when you pick a fare, it lists the sub-categories.

Christina:)

We booked 2 balconies for June 6 Breeze back in June of last year, one standard balcony 8b and one Aft Wrap 9c. We booked early saver as this was the best rate available and a rate we were willing to pay. We knew that the chances of a rate drop on the Wrap were nearly nonexistent as there are only 6 of these on the entire ship.

We were able to price match both cabins to the ES sale last week with the $50 OBC (no price change just got the OBC), and were thrilled that we got that much on the wrap.

Thursday, the 8b dropped by $120 but the 9c category cabins sold out a loooooong time ago so we did not expect anything in the way of drops on that cabin.

I check the fareviewer site several times a day just for the need to be doing anything cruise related;). Tonight before dinner, no changes, prices the same for the 8b with 9c not even listed. Checked again right after dinner and WOW...to my amazement there was the 9c category listed at $120 less than we booked at!

I immediately took a screen shot and filled out the online form. Within 15 minutes I had both an e-mail confirmation and it is already reflected in my booking manager!:D

Never give up. Price drops do occasionally happen, even in limited category cabins. It only takes one booking to upgrade or cancel for your category to open back up.

Happy Sailing!

• 3 years later...
I always book ES and i always make out like a bandit. I have $100 so far in OBC for my upcoming Valor cruise and will get more. I usually end up with between $150 and $400. The key is to NEVER book a cabin from a small group. If there are only six cabins in a category they will never go down. And don't book A. Book 4C or 8C or higher. There will always be a sale with included upgrades that will cover your cabin. And this is important....always book with a Carnival PVP and they will fill out the forms for you and fight for you. At latest mine will. She's the best and I'll give out the extension if asked.

Most importantly you have to check for a price drop EVERY day.

Asking for extension ,please