Carnival Miracle - Slide or Chess Board?

leonardjan

Hello,

We are thinking of booking on the Carnival Miracle. If you have been on this ship, can you tell me if there is a large slide (not the kiddie pool slide) and if there is a life-size chess board (similar to Inspiration and Sensation ship). Also, are fruit juices and milk widely available at breakfast/lunch? Finally, does anyone know the approximate location of the kids' club as I would like to book a room close the kids camp!

My two sons prefer Carnival ships to both Disney and RCI because they love the pizza and icecream! We are also considering a shorter RCI Sovereign cruise, but the boys really like Carnival.

J Lo

Yes, it's the big slide at rear of ship on deck 11. There is a height requirement, I think at least 4 feet to go down it. There is no kiddie slide but a small kiddie pool with an enclosed area on deck 11 rear. I remember a big chess set by the rear bar on deck 9. The play room is at the front of deck 5. It's hard to find even if you follow the signs so if you get lost ask. I recall there is one door in and one door out for all groups but teens are different place.

Plenty of milk and juice during all meals including late night buffet. If you don't see it out ask for it and they will get it for you.

I answered this last night and for some reason it didn't go through.

Yes it's the big slide at the back of the ship on deck 11 to enter. There is a height restriction of at least 4 feet or so. Deck 11 near the slide is also where the kiddie pool is which is and enclosed area but does not have a slide.

In fact it's only about 2 feet of water so the little darlings won't drown so easily. The kids playroom is at the front of the ship on deck 5. It's hard to find even if you follow the signs as there is one door in and one door out so if you get lost ask. Teens go somewhere else.

You can get milk and juice 24/7 and at any meal. If you don't see it either out or on the menu just ask for it.

The pizza is excellent and I could live on the soft serve yougart all day long.

Many people don't realise there are 2 ice cream machines and one is the yougart the other ice milk cream.

Hi,

I think we will go ahead and book this ship. It's funny how some things are so important to people! I can't believe that my 11 and 8 year old prefer the life-size chess to the RCI's roller-blading and mini-putt!

If you have any other information, tips, or advice about this ship - please let me know!

J Lo

Is there usually a wait to use the chess board? I was just wondering if it would be easy enough to find someone who wants to play a game of chess, or if it's just for kids to play with. Also, does anyone know the best times to use the waterslides? It looks like the hours are limited, and I've heard the lines can be quite long.

Hi,

I usually see kids, teenagers or families playing the gigantic chess set - but there's nothing that precludes anyone from playing! I don't think there is a formal wait - people just kind of hang around watching a game and then jump in....

The slide rides aren't too long a wait - especially if you've just come from one of the Disney waterslide parks!

J Lo

Archived