Surfing in San Juan

EliteQueen

Hi,

I've been over to the ports of call thread and there is not much activity on those threads so I thought I would post here.

We are on the Fantasy in January and will be stopping in San Juan. We are planning to do the super early zip lining through Disney and then would like to take the kids surfing in the afternoon. We would like to book this privately. My kids have surfed last September so although we are new, they do have some experience.

Are there any suggestions for on where to look or which companies to avoid? I realize specific companies can't be recommended but If you used one that was awesome, please send me a message.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

If you're still looking, I can recommend a really good tour guide, who also happens to be a surfer himself. I'm sure that he can provide you what you're looking for - and since he surfs, he'll know what areas are good at the time you're on the island.

We've used Albert's services twice before and recommended him to countless friends - I think you'll really like him - and his prices are VERY reasonable. If you want some good, local food, too - ask him. He took us to a little place along the road (across from a great beach - with surfing) where they cooked up all kinds of fresh fish and grilled meats - along with fritters - and 6 of us had a full meal for less than $5 each - it was amazing!

His name is Albert Aguirre and you can reach him at surfcabs@yahoo.com or (787)317-6907