How's MSC's own travel insurance? new to MSC

greydog

Hello - happy Thanksgiving holiday.

Trying MSC in Feb. We have history with Royal-Car and Celebrity and usually get the cruiseline's insurance coverage.

Any recommendations, major pros/cons of buying MSC's insurance? When doing booking MSC rep gave us quote for adding insurance.

I first did 'search' on this board for 'travel insurance' and there weren't any focused threads.

Our main concern is needing emergency air return if serious medical situation with elderly relatives.

Thanks

Look at what the insurance covers.

Unless you get airfare through MSC, you may not be covered in that aspect in case anythign goes awry.

The fine print may also specify instances where you may not be covered in case of cancellation that a third party would otherwise cover.

I would check out some type of travel insurance, and comapre the prices and coverages to MSC's.

I know Carnival has it's own insurance, but it really only covers your fare, and missing the ship due the an emergency, and only certian emergencies are covered if you look at their fine print.

It may be worth the extra $35 per person for a third party, especially if they cover more!

Good luck in your search! I am about to get some for my trup just in case, soi am in teh same boat.:cool:

Look at what the insurance covers.

Unless you get airfare through MSC, you may not be covered in that aspect in case anythign goes awry.

The fine print may also specify instances where you may not be covered in case of cancellation that a third party would otherwise cover.

I would check out some type of travel insurance, and comapre the prices and coverages to MSC's.

Good luck in your search! I am about to get some for my trup just in case, soi am in teh same boat.:cool:

Hi - I know many recommend insurance comparison site "insuremytrip.com" but I have had good luck with Royal's, Celeb's cruise insurance in the past, including medical reimbursement - but I realize coverage can vary. My TA uses Travelex.

Thanks