Sailing out of San Juan

rich60

Will be sailing out of San Juan this coming Feb. It has been ten years since my last cruises from Puerto Rico and as I remember it these were some of the most fun cruises ever. The reason being there was an abundance of Puerto Ricans on board and I found them to be the most fun groups ever. On one cruise we partied til 4 AM because the Puerto Rican passengers brought their own instruments with them and they played all night on the Lido deck. Salsa, Tango, Bolero and Limbo all night.

My question is - for those of you that have recently cruised out of San Juan have you experienced a large number of Puerto Ricans on recent cruises and are they still the party group they were ten tears ago.

Thank you;

Richard

Depending on the time of year.... or how well your cruise is selling. There will be varying amounts of Puerto Ricans on board. Yes they are still a fun loving people. Just like anywhere there will be some groups that are more "fun" than others. San Juan is the best place to cruise from IMHO. I love Puerto Rico, it is an awesome place.

We sailed the first week of March and didn't meet any Puerto Ricans on board. It likely is a question of when school holidays are and pricing on the ship.

Like ships out of Florida in the off season, they get filled with locals who can enjoy the last minute pricing without having to find last minute air fares.