Surf and Turf vs Beef Wellington?

tjcletsgo

No, not at all....but I have had it with liver pate....never with prosciutto, although I would probably like it.

I, too, believe that Princess started to use eye of the round beef instead of filet, a few years ago.

Prosciutto has to be better than liver pate 😱

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I serve individual Beef Wellingtons every year for Christmas as different members of our family prefer med, med. rare, or rare tenderloin. My recipe is very, very old and uses prosciutto and mushroom with shallot duxelles. I believe making mass beef wellington on a cruise ship would have to take away from its awesomnist (my word) LOL So I never order it for fear of being disappointed.

The Beef Wellington served on our last two Princess cruises was inedible with mushy pastry and 'grey' beef 😔

This sounds like what I got the one time I ordered it back in 2009. The meat was overcooked, dry and tough. Whatever was under the pastry may or may not have been pate, but whatever it was, it tasted nasty, so I assumed it was pate. I have never ordered it again, despite the number of people here who rave about it.