Paradise

lharry

Are the only balcony's the Junior Suites? And, paying extra for the non-obstructed junior suite - worth it?

Also, are there any Cat. 1A's that are "special" on the Paradise? We will be booking 2 rooms; 1 Cat. 1A and a balcony. Any recommendations?

TIA!

The junior suites have very skinny balconies and if you get an obstructed on, you will most likely be looking at a lifeboat. Grand suites have nice balconies.

Are they wide enough for a couple of chairs and a small table though? I mean, how skinny? Can you still sit out there and enjoy your morning coffee?

I was in V2 on the Elation a few years back. You will have to turn your chair diagonal or lengthwise in order to avoid hitting your knees while sitting out there. Also, the lower the cabin numbers (V1 - V6 I think), the closer your balcony is to an outside stairway that goes from deck 10 to deck 11. People walking up that stairway can see 100% onto your balcony and partially into your cabin.

If you can afford it, I would suggest going for a grand suite on deck 6 instead.

Edit:

Here is a review of V2 on the Elation from 2009. I remember reading this just before I went on her. The Paradise is likely very similar if not identical. I chose to stay with the cabin I booked after reading the review, but in retrospect, now that I have a few cruises under my belt, I probably would have just gone for an ocean view. The cabin itself is very nice though!

http://www.shari.com/2009/06/carnival-elation-cruise-embarkation-to-sail-away.html

Edited by imaboo
Added a link to a review

I sail SOLO quite often, and more often than not book the 1A cabins on Emerald Deck, aft. These are E181 through E187 I think. They are quiet, comfortable, and convenient, especially to the atrium, and the aft dining room.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise. I ALWAYS enjoy my "Paradise" cruises. Great ship, outstanding crew, and superior shows, and entertainment. :cool:

"SKY"

So, I have looked up the Balcony sizes: Standard is 35sf; Cove is 45sf; Jr. Suite is 20sf and the Grand Suite is 70sf.

We've had both the Standard and the Cove.

Hmm. I just cannot decide if it is worth it or not to get the Jr. Suite, or just stick with an Ocean View. I do love the balcony, and having a nice "extention" of our room for drinking morning coffee or evening glass of wine. The Grand Suite is just too costly. UGH! Decisions decisions!

• 2 weeks later...