Christmas and New Year's Dining

Max Circus

I am also curious if holiday dinner provides anything different. However, I thought if you were Aqua and thus Blu dining that the MDR is not available? I am new at this so I may be wrong, but I thought I was informed of this when considering my booking options.

I am also curious if holiday dinner provides anything different. However, I thought if you were Aqua and thus Blu dining that the MDR is not available? I am new at this so I may be wrong, but I thought I was informed of this when considering my booking options.

Aqua's Dining Room is Blu. Currently* everyone else's DR is the MDR. So yes you are correct

However, if one is assigned to Blu they can speak to the Maitre D in Blu if they wish to be reassigned to the MDR on a permanent basis (they find that Blu is not to their liking)

Or they can make a Request to the Blu Maitre D if they would prefer to eat in the MDR one evening (say with fellow cruise mates, family etc... Or if they find that night's MDR Menu appeals to them)

BUT... THERE ARE NO GUARANTES that the Request will be granted. It has to be worked out between the Blu Maitre D and the MDR Maitre D and depends on space / availibility.

If the Request comes thru, the Aqua Pax is usually sent to the Select Section of the MDR (vs Traditional

... But by all accounts at times due to space / availibility that has happened to some)

* I said currently... Because come April 2015 the Suite Class will also have their own DR

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I was aware that any request to eat in MDR by an AQ passenger is not guaranteed. But I figured we'd have a better chance by requesting as early as possible if we could get a table on 12/25 or 12/31 as opposed to waiting - assuming there was something special for dinner those nights.

I also asked this same question on last year's Equinox Holiday cruise Roll Call in case anyone is still following that post. And I know that I can also ask the Maitre D once onboard if there is anything special those nights in MDR.