Voyager Class Adventure Beach kids pool area covered?

I am considering booking a Voyager class ship for January and I had a question about the kids pool area. We've only ever been on IOTS. Is the Adventure Beach area mostly covered or open? The few pictures I've seen it appears covered. I want warmth and sunshine by the pool and I'm hesitating on this booking if we'll find ourselves in the shade with the kids. Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Depends which ship you are looking at whether it will even be available. Adventure and Explorer are the only two Voyager class ships with Adventure Beach, as it is being eliminated during refurbishment.

Having said that, it is fully covered overhead.

Edited by compuryan

We have been on the Explorer twice with the kids. The pools themselves at the Adventure Beach section are pretty much covered, but there are plenty of loungers surrounding the pools and slide area that are not covered so you can sit in the sun and watch the kids (depending on age). It was actually nice to get some shade when it was extremely hot, and have some covering if it rained. Of course, we were on the Explorer when the itinerarys included leaving from NJ where the weather can fluctuate more frequently. Still a great ship for kids, depending on the ages of the kids.