Allure Of The Seas Review with 115 photos & 21 videos

What an excellent review! So much relevant information..thank you!

We are Internet people so really appreciated the info on the high speed connections. Showing us the speed tests was a wowzer! We will be doing

9 B2Bs Jan. 2016 on Allure ..can't wait!

Enjoyed your To Do Lists before leaving home..but am curious about one item.

.." Shut off water to house...etc......make sure garden sprinklers are on.."

...do your sprinklers have an independant water supply? How does that work?

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. My DW (just married on Adventure OTS) will be sailing on Allure late next year and we are super excited about being on an Oasis class for the first time. I particularly appreciate the nod to Lago Mar! So many people on CC boards were suggesting pier 66 or embassy suites but I think you sold me on Lago. Was your experience that the pricing was similar or less than pier 66?

• 3 years later...

The Captain

CaptainToreGrimstad-IMG_6583.JPG

Tore Grimstad, Captain of the Allure Of the Seas

You don't get to be Captain of the largest cruise ship in the world unless you've really impressed the management of the cruise line. So, you know that this guy must have the total respect of Royal Caribbean management. He's not the most famous Captain in the company... that would probably be

(who's no longer with Royal Caribbean) or possibly Captain Johnny Faevelen, who is Allure's Captain when Captain Tore is on vacation... and who makes a bit of an impression when he

I liked the fact that Captain Tore flashed a nice smile for me when we saw me pointing my big 400mm Canon lens at him from across the Aqua theater during a Q&A session. That's a pro public-relations move right there.

Hi. I actually had a question. I don't know who to ask. I went on a cruise in 2016. I was grieving at the time due to my ex-husband passing away in a motorcycle accident. I was texting a friend about how I was feeling and he took it as that I was going to hurt myself. Which wasn't the case at all. My friend then contacted the ship (Royal Caribbean) and told them that he was afraid that I would do something to hurt myself. Which again, wasn't the case AT ALLL. Anyways, security (from the ship) knocks on my door at around 7 am. They take me and held me in contempt. I was going crazy because as they were telling me what happened, I tried to explain that it was all a misunderstanding. I was stuck in a small room with two security guards guarding the door. I was informed that I would be flying back home as soon as we arrive at the first port. I was with family so they were very upset with the situation (as you can imagine). I thought long and hard about how I can fix this. I finally came up with the idea to write to the captain of the ship. I know, crazy! Anyhow, I finally convinced the security guard to get me a pen. I wrote to Captain Tore Grimstad a letter about what happened and how it was all a misunderstanding. An hour after I gave my letter to the guards to give to the captain, I get a call that the captain wants to meet with me! I didn't know what to expect! I finally met up with him. He gave me a nice tour of the bridge and told me about his brother passing away and that he'd never forget me or that day of meeting me. He realized it was all a misunderstanding and let me stay for the rest of the cruise (6 more days). He even told me that next time I board a ship to find out if he's the captain. If he is, he told me to contact him because he'd love to see me again and see how I'll be doing.....well, I have an amazing boyfriend who is turning the big 3-0 and I thought to take him on a surprise cruise! I purchased a curse for September 22-26 on the majesty of the seas to Cuba! I was so excited until I got a call (12 days from my cruise) from Royal Caribbean royal security. They basically told me I won't be able to board the ship due to the incident that happened in 2016. I got so upset. They basically told me for them to review my case again (and maybe giving me a clearance) Id have to get a letter from a psychologist stating that I am not a threat to myself or others and that it is safe for me to board a ship. I did find a family psychologist who knows me very well and I had seen her for a few years due to family issues in my past. She said she would see me and if all goes well, she'll give me that letter after our session. I understand the ship doesn't know me and they'd need a letter. I don't have insurance but I am paying a lot for this letter. I'm afraid I will get the letter and Ill still get denied to board the ship. Any ideas of what I can do to know if they'll give me clearance? I wish I can have the captain write out something for me to help me out. I don't know how! It's very frustrating to deal with this. They also called me on a Friday so now I have to wait 3-5 business days to even get a clearance! HELP!