One-Time Use Cameras

eminence_front

If you actually read my post, you should be able to understand that I have used disposables. Gee, isn't that part of the topic? Now, many people buy the water proof ones as well so they can take pics udnerwter. Have you read the other posts yet? From my post, you should be able to conclude that you can get much better pics with a digital camera+ housing instead of using a disposable. How do I know? Well, as I have said, I have used both. Now, if your cruise memories aren't important, then by all means, do continue to use the the cheap little throw away cameras. Also, have fun argueing with CCL security that they shouldn't x-ray your little disposable. After all, it is fun trying to explain to a nigerian national that x-raying film will cause damage to 35mm film, especially when you have a long line behind you! For the cost of about 10 disposable water proof cameras, you can get a housing that will allow you to use your existing camera to take way better pics. But, like I said, if your memories aren't great, get the disposables, watch as they go through the xray scanner, get them developed at walmart and keep telling yourself that they look great. Just don't look at digital pics taken underwater.

Just breathe!!!

Jeez-o-pete Clark, take a chill pill.

Record the act with your camera of choice - a one-use camera will probably be of adequate quality (well, at least for most of us).

I think the point is that the OP was not asking for opinions on film vs. digital -- s/he was merely asking whether anyone had encountered difficulties using disposables. In your haste to demean the wal-mart crowd for their cheap photo equipment, bad taste, and inability to 'appropriately' immortalize their vacation experiences, you ignored the question.

Point Leo Jay- Thirty-Love

The solution to the above posts is simply have them developed on ship. Usually you get next day service. I use a disposable when we dive and make sure it is the one with a flash. On our next trip, we will be trying out a 35mm dive camera we got off Ebay for $20. It has autowind, glass lens, flash, and allows you to change out the film.

Dave

The solution to the above posts is simply have them developed on ship. Usually you get next day service. I use a disposable when we dive and make sure it is the one with a flash. On our next trip, we will be trying out a 35mm dive camera we got off Ebay for $20. It has autowind, glass lens, flash, and allows you to change out the film.

Dave

Dave- isn't the cost a little prohibitive (or not)?

Thanks,

Tim

I'll concede the point, Mr. Chair Umpire. Out of bounds. ;)

Unfortunately, points are only given for logical responses that either address the topic of the original post, or, more importantly, responses that rebuke those responses that are not on-topic. You can not concede the point in this case LJ. Besides, you and Zy are only two hundred points away from the toaster Zy mentions.:D

AVC's post off-topic, negative 15 points.....

Unfortunately, points are only given for logical responses that either address the topic of the original post, or, more importantly, responses that rebuke those responses that are not on-topic. You can not concede the point in this case LJ. Besides, you and Zy are only two hundred points away from the toaster Zy mentions.:D

AVC's post off-topic, negative 15 points.....

How about me??!? :( I want points too!!

Any points for cuteness??? ;) :p

Dave- isn't the cost a little prohibitive (or not)?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,

On the Dream last year it was about $9 for a 36 roll. Compared to Wal-mart yes it would be more expensive. But this way you get to share your photos with your fellow cruisers.

Dave

I think dsclark has more money than anyone else here...or a longer charge card report! Don't stop now. Tell us about your sport car that we can't afford and your home at the beach that none of us have. Oh, I'm sorry, some of us do have those things...along with our little throw away cameras.

[quote name='dsclark']If you actually read my post, you should be able to understand that I have used disposables. Gee, isn't that part of the topic? Now, many people buy the water proof ones as well so they can take pics udnerwter. Have you read the other posts yet? From my post, you should be able to conclude that you can get much better pics with a digital camera+ housing instead of using a disposable. How do I know? Well, as I have said, I have used both. Now, if your cruise memories aren't important, then by all means, do continue to use the the cheap little throw away cameras. Also, have fun argueing with CCL security that they shouldn't x-ray your little disposable. After all, it is fun trying to explain to a nigerian national that x-raying film will cause damage to 35mm film, especially when you have a long line behind you! For the cost of about 10 disposable water proof cameras, you can get a housing that will allow you to use your existing camera to take way better pics. But, like I said, if your memories aren't great, get the disposables, watch as they go through the xray scanner, get them developed at walmart and keep telling yourself that they look great. Just don't look at digital pics taken underwater.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Thank you for proving that money doesn't equal class. No need to put people down for their choices.

And for someone who is so "well traveled," I'm here to tell you that they have X rays and cameras in Nigeria. So why would you single a Nigerian national (who works on a cruise ship and probably knows more about it than you) out?

Archived