MSC Lirica, April 22, 2006

OceanicMiss

FranCT, did you book a guarantee and already have a stateroom assignment? We received our documents a week or so ago but no definite cabin yet since we booked a guarantee inside. I'm wondering if we'll know our cabin # before we head down to FL on the 20th. Guesss it really doesn't matter but I like to pull up the deck plans online and see what we ended up with!

joanz

Hi Joanz: We booked through an auction website with a "guantee" inside. When we received our docs the deck and cabin # were on the boarding/embarkation portion of the ticket. We're on the albonini(?) deck #9014. Our packet did not include the "boarding forms". We had to do that on line, which I just completed with all the personal/passport info. When were you told you would get your cabin assignment? I thought I read something to the effect that MSC assigns at "checkin"?? Let me know if that's right. If I find where I read it I'll let you know.

FranCT

Hi Joanz: We booked through an auction website with a "guantee" inside. When we received our docs the deck and cabin # were on the boarding/embarkation portion of the ticket. We're on the albonini(?) deck #9014. Our packet did not include the "boarding forms". We had to do that on line, which I just completed with all the personal/passport info. When were you told you would get your cabin assignment? I thought I read something to the effect that MSC assigns at "checkin"?? Let me know if that's right. If I find where I read it I'll let you know.

FranCT

FranCT, we booked our inside guarantee with an on-line agency and our documents were mailed from their offices. Ours just read Deck: Unassigned, Cabin: Guarantee. I asked our travel agent today if we would MSC would let us know assignment before leaving for the port and she said probably not. That is obviously not always the case since you have your cabin assignment now. We did get our "Passenger Ticket and Embarkation Coupon" in our packet. Did you find the link to do your personal/passport info. on the MSC website? I've looked there and can't seem to find the link.

joanz

FranCT, we booked our inside guarantee with an on-line agency and our documents were mailed from their offices. Ours just read Deck: Unassigned, Cabin: Guarantee. I asked our travel agent today if we would MSC would let us know assignment before leaving for the port and she said probably not. That is obviously not always the case since you have your cabin assignment now. We did get our "Passenger Ticket and Embarkation Coupon" in our packet. Did you find the link to do your personal/passport info. on the MSC website? I've looked there and can't seem to find the link.

joanz

Not to worry just go to www.msccruisesgetforms.com very short info page. Last trip on Opera just went with booking number no problem. There is a MSC contact number you can call couple days before sailing if you don't have cabin number. Still need porter to get manifest for tags on bags. I'll look for that number. Chow

Not to worry just go to www.msccruisesgetforms.com very short info page. Last trip on Opera just went with booking number no problem. There is a MSC contact number you can call couple days before sailing if you don't have cabin number. Still need porter to get manifest for tags on bags. I'll look for that number. Chow

Thanks for the directions to the right form. Called our travel agent today again and she was able to get our cabin assignment after all! Now to go to the deck plan and see what we got!

joanz

Thanks for the directions to the right form. Called our travel agent today again and she was able to get our cabin assignment after all! Now to go to the deck plan and see what we got!

joanz

Hi Joanz: Any luck finding your cabin on the deck plan?

Hi Joanz: Any luck finding your cabin on the deck plan?

Hi FranCT,

We did indeed. We're forward starboard on deck nine. (A little more forward than I would have hoped actually, but we're not complaining!) We're still looking forward to this cruise despite the negativity we've seen on this board. We plan to just go with the best attitude and count on having a great time!

joanz

Hi FranCT,

We did indeed. We're forward starboard on deck nine. (A little more forward than I would have hoped actually, but we're not complaining!) We're still looking forward to this cruise despite the negativity we've seen on this board. We plan to just go with the best attitude and count on having a great time!

joanz

Hi Joanz: I think we might be near to each other. I don't know the deck #; I'm assuming 9 since our cabin # is 9014. It's the albonini(?) deck.

Dixiecat: You should call you TA or MSC??? to find out cabin #. I know I wouldn't be able to wait. Let us know how you make out.

FranCT

we are joining you fine people on the 22nd. Save some room by the pool . We virginians are a coming. lololololol

Welcome aboard.....I'm sure there will be enough room. Just start asking for the "cruise critic" posters.

FranCT

Hi Joanz: I think we might be near to each other. I don't know the deck #; I'm assuming 9 since our cabin # is 9014. It's the albonini(?) deck.

Dixiecat: You should call you TA or MSC??? to find out cabin #. I know I wouldn't be able to wait. Let us know how you make out.

FranCT

FranCT, we're two rooms away from you in 9022. Glad we have passenger decks above and below us. We were once in a cabin directly under the theater on a Holland America ship, and the shows were a little too loud! Leaving for FL on the 20th and it's time to get packing!

joanz

FranCT, we're two rooms away from you in 9022. Glad we have passenger decks above and below us. We were once in a cabin directly under the theater on a Holland America ship, and the shows were a little too loud! Leaving for FL on the 20th and it's time to get packing!

joanz

Hi how about a informal get together around 3:00 PM as boat drill is next morning.

Anyone driving to port ,all my doc's and prior ones say pier 29 that's not the case for some time. Lirica will berth at pier 4 right next to North port parking garage. This also for anyone on 4/11/06 trip. Ref.port web site

forecastle, thanks for the info on the correct pier, and count us in for the informal meet and greet at around 3. Anyone know a good place to meet? This is our first experience on the Lirica so we're not really familiar with the ship. All my information says there is an 8:00 pm departure. Is this what everyone understands?

joanz

forecastle, thanks for the info on the correct pier, and count us in for the informal meet and greet at around 3. Anyone know a good place to meet? This is our first experience on the Lirica so we're not really familiar with the ship. All my information says there is an 8:00 pm departure. Is this what everyone understands?

joanz

Hi forecastle and joanz: Thanks for the pier update. We would love to be part of an informal meet, however, we don't get into Florida until 5:30 p.m. I am hoping to be able to switch to an earlier arrival (approx. 12:00)but won't know until that day. Name the place (and final time) and if we are able to arrive earlier we most certainly will be there.

Nice to know some neighbors before embarkation. I'm sure, if nothing else, we will certainly be passing each other in the hall!!

FranCT

I have inquired about a 3 to 4 hour island tour of Barbados with Caneron Reid.(Found him on the Bardados board.) He said it would be $125 for 4 people, not including any entrance fees. But we can choose where & what we want to see. We prefer a morning tour, leaving the afternoon on our own for shopping or the beach. DH & I are looking for 2 more to share the cost & tour. If you are interested, please respond.:)

Dixiecat

I have inquired about a 3 to 4 hour island tour of Barbados with Caneron Reid.(Found him on the Bardados board.) He said it would be $125 for 4 people, not including any entrance fees. But we can choose where & what we want to see. We prefer a morning tour, leaving the afternoon on our own for shopping or the beach. DH & I are looking for 2 more to share the cost & tour. If you are interested, please respond.:)

Dixiecat

We've done an island tour on Barbados as a part of a large ship group on a bus. A smaller group of four might be more enjoyable, especially if we could pick and choose where we wanted to go. We would be interested if you're still looking for two more souls to join you.

joanz

Joanz,

We'd love to have you join us on the tour in Barbados.:) I will let them know there will be 4 of us. His website for you to look at is www.scenicbarbados.com. We have been to Barbados once, but did not really see the island because we did the turtle & wreck snorkel. So we are looking forward to seeing it with a local. Since you have seen some things before, what suggestions do you have? What would ya'll like to see? Please email me at dixiecatone@yahoo.com

Dixiecat

Archived