Where to buy Cuban cigars in St Martin / St Maarten

Eomerr

There is so much nonsense about where to buy real Cuban cigars in St. Martin. I just want to set the record straight. There are a lot of know nothings spouting out about what is or is not fake and most of them should just shut up as they don't know what they are talking about.

Authorized Distributors for Cuban Cigars Can be found here

http://www.habanos.com/distributors.aspx?rid=1&lang=en

From the list above the Distributor for the Caribbean can be found here http://caribbeancigars.net/index.php/en/

Real Cubans are sold to the following shops in St Martin / San Maarten

Sale Points at Saint Martin

La Casa del Habano

Maya

Sale Points at San Maarten

CDFCD - Front street No 66. unit 1 PHILIPSBURG ST. MAARTEN

Cigar Emporium - Front Street # 66, Unit - 1

If the shop is not on this list I would just assume it is fake period. Now there should be no more discussion about what is or is not fake.

Also if you bring your cell phone you can check the serial numbers on the boxes in the shops by putting the number from the box into the website to see if it validates. Information Below, now you can have a nice trip and know you are not getting ripped off :D

A new Warranty Seal has been gradually introduced in all the packaging where two new elements are to be added. On the right hand, a hologram as a security item will be added and on the left hand, next to the Cote d´ Arms, a bar code will personalize every package.

Warranty_Seal_Cuba

This label will always be placed from the upper left side of the box or display, leaving 3 to 6 mm from the edge and to be bending up to the front right over the center of the Cote d´Arms whenever possible.

http://www.habanos.com/Sellos/Info/VerificaSelloCajon

• 2 weeks later...

We were in St Maarten on Thanksgiving Day and before the trip I reached out to Carol at the La Casa Del Habano shop at 71 Port La Royal in Marigot She replied to my email on the same day and sent me a price list. The shop was wonderful and as an added bonus she gave me the euro conversion rate of 1/1. This alone was a 25% savings. The cigars were wonderful and the staff was great. Marigot was very nice and I will return on my next visit.

• 1 year later...

Friends,

I smoke Cuban Cigars nearly exclusively and have for many years, so unlike most Americans, I know exactly what they are supposed to taste like. I've also been to St Maarten a few times and have been to Cigar Emporium. Cigar Emporium is a scam and if you search the internet for Vinod and Cigar Emporium you will find a lot of information on this criminal. Cigar Emporium sells fakes and rips people off. Please save your hard earned money and do not shop at Cigar Emporium. This is from personal experience as well as what other experienced cigar smokers on the net have confirmed.

The only place to guarantee you are getting actual Cuban Cigars is a La Casa Del Habano (LCDH) store, which is the authorized Cuban Franchise. There is one on the French side of St. Maarten and that is the only place on the island where you can be certain you are getting a genuine Cuban cigar.

I hope this helps you save your hard earned money and get what you pay for. Cuban Cigars are not cheap and there is a massive market in fakes, especially in the Caribbean.