Cozumel

dirkuys

Thank you for all of you responses on my previous message. We will port in Cozumel on Saturday 9/3, our idea is to have our own "excursion" for that day. We would like to snorkel the whole day if possible and keep shopping to a minimum. Any suggestions or ideas?

We just returned this past Sunday from the Elation. We have been to Cozumel a few times and were really happy with Paradise Beach. It was really Paradise!!!!

You could buy a bracelet for 8.00pp and that allowed you to use all the unmotorized water toys, a water trampoline,floaties and a huge water iceberg that you could climb up and jump off!!!

They have a great menu(Touristy food fare, but delicious) and drinks. The lounge chairs and umbrellas were free.

They also have a fun bar area and a small shopping area.

We took a cab, we got ourselves, for 12.00. We stayed at Paradise beach for about 3 hrs. then took a cab back downtown and shopped a bit. Chakanaab(sp?) park is also a wonderful place. You would not be dissapointed in either I think!!

Have a blast.

We were in Cozumel just after the hurricane in July. Unfortunately Chankanaab was still closed do to damage, so we opted for Dzul-Ha for a day of snorkling. If you're interested in just snorkling, I think Dzul-Ha is a better find. It's more of a locals place and far less crowded, and the reef starts at about 4' of water.

Cab ride is $8.

I've been to both...... Dzul Ha by far. Take a cab to Pal Mar beach club and visit Sherry. She'll outfit you if you need and tell you about the currents. You can eat lunch there or whatever and then walk across the street to the beach. She'll tell you where to enter and you just swim up-current and then let it carry you back. I paid a grand total of $8 for me and my wife to snorkel for 3 hours. Don't go to the Dzul ha pier as they will charge you more and it's acutally not as interesting getting in there. If you look on diving/snorkeling boards, you will find that this is bye far one of the most popular spots for regular snorkelers.

Danny

Archived