Taking 18mo on cruise question...

NJCruzer82

Hello! We will be taking our 18mo daughter on a cruise in April and I was wondering if anyone has used the crib that NCL offers? If so, is it a good crib? Clean? Safe? etc. Please advise any info you may have - unsure if we should just bring our own pack-n-play or not.

Thanks!!

I am grammy but we just used one on the Gem. It was a pack n play, though I don't remember the brand it was one I recognized.

It was very clean and in excellent condition. My 19 mo old grandson slept beautifully in it.

One caution, bring your own sheets. We did because I had read here that they only supply regular sheets for them.

Hope you have a great time. It was the first time we had taken the family. It is definitely different but we still enjoyed it a lot. Had a 3 year old along too who loved cruising.

Hello,

We took our 10-month old this past May on the NCL Dawn to Bermuda. It is a Pack-N-Play they give you.

As the other poster said bring your own sheets definitely.

One other recommendation is to bring dish soap and a sponge to clean sippy cups and stuff in your room.

You will have a blast. Definitely different with a young one with you, but so much fun!!!

-Vic

Can confirm, basically a just slightly undersized Pack & Play, no issues with quality.

Tip: Get at least a balcony cabin. You will want the "fresh air".

We had no problems using the regular sheets, but we did bring along a warmer blanket as well.

Also tip: umbrella stroller. The large ones are a massive PITA to move around the ship (cabin doors and boarding ramps are smaller than normal sized ones) with and to get through security when coming back from the ports.

Thank you all for your responses! They were really helpful and we are super excited to have a "different" experience this cruise with taking our LO! We've done the "wild and crazy" (not really, but ones where we didn't have to worry about going to bed, waking up, etc) cruises already, so a nice relaxing family one will be a nice change of pace. Sorry for the delay in response as I was tied up with the holidays. Hope everyone had a nice holiday and a wonderful New Years! Thanks again!

Edited by NJCruzer82

Did you have to pay 3rd passenger rate for your little one? I had another thread going this weekend about the cost of traveling with under 2 year olds and was so disappointed to find out we would have to pay close to adult fare for our twin grandchildren.

One more tip: Get some of those diaper bags to seal up messy diapers. It will make the room so much more pleasant. I took my son on his first cruise at 16 months. It was on Carnival but I would bet you will experience similar things on NCL. All of the employees were super nice. Each night at the end of dinner I would have the waiter fill his sippy cup with milk so I could use it for bed time. I would definitely recommend bringing some small toys for the room and something for dinner time since dinner takes much longer then it does at home.

Overall, enjoy the trip. My son is now 5 and has been on 3 cruises. He loves to cruise.

Did you have to pay 3rd passenger rate for your little one? I had another thread going this weekend about the cost of traveling with under 2 year olds and was so disappointed to find out we would have to pay close to adult fare for our twin grandchildren.

Watch for Kids Sail Free promos. They come around a few times a year and it's a significant savings.

One more tip: Get some of those diaper bags to seal up messy diapers. It will make the room so much more pleasant.

#1 reason why I recommend balcony or higher when sailing with kids. It makes such a difference.

We're taking my youngest son, his wife and our 9mo old grandson on the Epic in five weeks. After booking them in the Haven, eight months ago, my PCC called me in August and asked if I wanted to book them under KSF, and said absolutely. That saved me almost two grand!:D You gotta' love a Personal Cruise Consultant that keeps an eye out for price drops. :)