What should I bring on water-activity shore excursions?

Jasner

I'm traveling solo, so I've been trying to figure out what to bring on water-related excursions. I've definitely doing cave tubing in Belize and dolphin swimming in Cozumel. So what exactly should I bring on these two excursions? Definitely a waterproof wallet, right? (which of course I haven't bought, and the boat leaves in 3 days...! can you buy them on the ship? or is there a chain that sells this kind of stuff?) But what about stuff like a change of clothes? The Carnival cave tubing info page suggests to bring one, but I don't want to be lugging a bag around... how exactly does that work?

As for stuff like the dolphin trip, if I bring a bag with a towel and beach stuff, where does that go during the swim? I know I'm probably being overly neurotic, but it's not like I'll have someone there to hold the stuff for me, so any info is appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Jason

They have lockers at the Dolphin Swim for you to lock up your stuff in.

As far as items to bring: towel, suntan lotion, waterproof wallet (you can get in Walmart or Walgreens), Sign and Sail Card, picture ID (If you are traveling with passport, leave that on the ship and take your driver's license or if you just take your passport, make a copy of it and lock in shipboard safe in case it is lost).

Yes.....Sunscreen is a biggie. And check for Enviromental Friendly versions.

Some places in Mexico insist on it......and you will have to buy their 'Expensive' brand to use.

They sell small water tight containers on the ship, just a little larger than a pack of cigarettes, with a cord that goes around your neck. It's a good place for Credit Card, ID, small amount of cash.

i did the carnival cave tubing in belize in jan 04. you can leave all your stuff on the bus you take to get there. i brought a change of clothes (the bathroom at the location was so nasty tho, i dont even remember the sinks working), a towel, ziplock baggies to put my wet clothes in. what i really wished that i had were some of those wet wipe clothes, as it had poured the day before and we were all covered in mud from the trails. i also brought sunblock, but you wont really need to bring it with you off the bus b/c you walk in shade along the path, then youre in darkness in the caves. i wore teva sandals, but they werent that sturdy, i wished that i had worn some old sneakers. the paths were really muddy and rocky when i went. if you can suffer through the bus ride to cheers after you get back on the bus in your wet clothes, the bathrooms at cheers were nice and clean.

have fun.

jillian.

Archived