Help with Dance Club

Methosage

On the last two cruises my wife and I went on (both 7 day cruises, Dream and Legend) the night we went to the dance club it was completely dead (no one in there). We are going on an 8-day Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Sunshine in March. We need advice on the best night to go to the dance club, i.e. when it will be the busiest. Are there any trends when it tends to be the busiest (first night, second night, next to last night, port nights, sea day nights, elegant nights, etc.)???

Thanks in advance for any advice/tips,

Methosage

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In general, you can count on bigger crowds the night before a sea day and elegant nights and smaller crowds the night before an early port day and the last night. I go pretty much every night every cruise and can tell you that the clubs can be VERY hit or miss. A good night in there can be determined by passenger demographics (is it a mostly older crowd sailing), the DJ and whether they are playing music the crowd wants to listen to or not, and whether something else is happening that evening (comedy shows, deck party, etc). Typically the club doesn't get busy until 11:30 pm-midnight, so if you went at 10:30-11 pm, that could be the reason why no one was in there. Again, sometimes it's just really hit or miss. The club was practically dead every night on my 8 day Splendor cruise last month but was packed every night of my 8 day Breeze cruise last year. If you go one night and it's dead, try again another night and you might find that it's busy. Have fun on Sunshine! :)

I agree with gapearl. Of the cruises I have been on, it has been hit or miss. My cruises out of NOLA, the club was filled every night. On my other cruises, out of mobile, (wish they still sailed from there [emoji20]) there was hardly ever anyone in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

) there was hardly ever anyone in there.

City folks dont dance to country music. They prefer reaggae, disco, salsa and merengue.

They never played country music. In all the clubs on all the ships I have been on, they play pop / hip hop stuff.

Thank you for the tips...they are very helpful. One follow up question. On our last cruise they said something about a dress all in white night at the dance club. We didn't go because we didn't have any white outfits. Is this an event on every cruise? Is it a busy or dead event? Any other information about it?

Thanks again!

Thank you for the tips...they are very helpful. One follow up question. On our last cruise they said something about a dress all in white night at the dance club. We didn't go because we didn't have any white outfits. Is this an event on every cruise? Is it a busy or dead event? Any other information about it?

Thanks again!

It's not a real event like NCL's White Hot Party. You might see Electric White Night in the Fun Times. It's just $1 off drinks if you're wearing white. That's it. :rolleyes: I've been on a couple of cruises where they had the dancers wearing white and they did a quick performance, hung out for a few minutes and passed out glow sticks. lol You'll see a few people wearing white that either know about it or coincidentally brought something white, but it's not something you can't come to if you're not wearing white. ;)

I noticed on the west coast cruises it was a younger crowd and the club was full. For my last cruise on the Glory it was a much older crowd and the club was dead and not fun... I loved the ports but didn't have near as much fun at night. Nbd.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

It's not a real event like NCL's White Hot Party. You might see Electric White Night in the Fun Times. It's just $1 off drinks if you're wearing white. That's it. :rolleyes: I've been on a couple of cruises where they had the dancers wearing white and they did a quick performance, hung out for a few minutes and passed out glow sticks. lol You'll see a few people wearing white that either know about it or coincidentally brought something white, but it's not something you can't come to if you're not wearing white. ;)

I never even knew they did this lol.