Going on the Dawn

We sailed on the Dawn last year leaving the Sunday after Thanksgiving (you can check my review in the cruisecritic review section). We had calm seas going down and coming back. With the Atlantic it's pot luck at any time year, Dawn is now trying to avoid Hurricane Katrina. They decorated the ship for Christmas the day after we boarded. Happy cruising.

We are going on the Dawn on the Nov. 20 cruise. Just from reading some of the messages I realized that there is a Murder Mystery Show? Do you think it will be going on in Nov?

Also we are staying in one of the mini suites. Was wondering if anyone stayed on those and how were they. What kind of amentites are there in the room, such as mini bar, hair dryer etc?

Is there one restaurant better than the other?

Is there anywhere in the evening after dinner where we can do dancing besides the disco, where there would be a live band in one of the lounges.

I also understand that there is a movie theater. What kind of movies do they show?

:rolleyes:

We are going on the Dawn on the Nov. 20 cruise. Just from reading some of the messages I realized that there is a Murder Mystery Show? Do you think it will be going on in Nov?

Also we are staying in one of the mini suites. Was wondering if anyone stayed on those and how were they. What kind of amentites are there in the room, such as mini bar, hair dryer etc?

Is there one restaurant better than the other?

Is there anywhere in the evening after dinner where we can do dancing besides the disco, where there would be a live band in one of the lounges.

I also understand that there is a movie theater. What kind of movies do they show?

:rolleyes:

Can't help you regarding the Murder Mystery Show. We stayed in a mini-suite which are conveniently located. They do have a fridge and hair dryer and you also get the services of a concierge. We liked Venetian for breakfast and lunch, less hectic than the buffet. We liked Impressions and Aqua at night, less crowded and faster service than Venetian. Of the no fee specialty restaurants, we liked Salsa (great ambiance) and LaTrottoria (good variety of Italian food and pizza). We enjoyed dancing nightly in the Spinakker Lounge. The movie theatre showed fairly recent films.

For more information on the Dawn, I suggest you check the recent Dawn reviews in the cruisecritic review section. We have enjoyed two cruises on the Dawn and look forward to our third in January. We had mini-suites on all of them. Enjoy.

We were on the Dawn last year for Thanksgiving and never had a problem with the weather. By the end of the first sea day it was warm enough to walk around in shorts. I was actually surprised at how calm it was for that time of year. Will be doing the Spirit this year for Thanksgiving (also leaving from NY) and hope to have the same conditions. The only part of the trip i'm worried about is the return to NY from Bermuda. Worst seas I ever sailed on was my first cruise to Bermuda (22 foot waves as we sailed through a hurricane). I think the waters between NY and Bermuda are rougher than when going down to the carribean....perhaps because they stay closer to the coast on the the caribbean run. Enjoy your turkey day!!

Archived