Is it best to do two twins if using a pull down?

rileylewis

So my family is sailing on the Conquest in May and the best part is it is a gift, so basically a free cruise! (Thanks, Dad!) But, my husband, myself and my 6'2, 220lb 17 yr. old son will be in our room. We are all getting interior rooms, so we'll have a pull down bed. (Hey, it's free, so who can complain?? ;))

I have already searched and many have said boys of that size can handle the pull down, so no questions there.

But my question is, is it better to have the lower beds configured as 2 twins instead of the king? It's not like we will have any romance going on anyway with 3 of us in the room, right?

It looks like this particular room will have the pull down coming right over the lower beds. So, if they are set as twins, then it is like a bottom bunk.

Thanks for any answers and advice on being in a small space with three adults. :D

When we cruised with our two daughters, we kept the bottom beds as singles. It makes a little more moving about space in the cabin that way. But, try it both ways and see what works best for you. I'm sure your cabin steward would be glad to do it however you want.

My only advice is to suggest that you have a plan for getting dressed. With three girls, I always got my shower and dressed first. I then headed to the bar for a pre-dinner drink while the girls did their thing. Never was a hassle.

We had an inside cabin with our twin 9 year olds last March on the Dream. We had the lower beds pushed together. The only good thing was my wife and I slept in the same bed... It was difficult to maneuver around the cabin as we had to enter and exit bed by ducking under the upper bed above. We could not see the tv from bed but we were able to see and talk with our kids more easily. Also it definitely cut down on space within the cabin. I think we would have beds left as twins if we were to do this again.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are a family of four and have configured our cabins in just about every manner possible. No question that splitting the twins and leaving them "bunkbed style" under the uppers gives you the most space and the most logical layout in the cabin.

You can have have 3 feet of space in the middle of the cabin by leaving the beds separated. Or out them together and have 1 1/2 feet of unusable space under the upper beds.

No brainer- keep them separated

[ATTACH]335216[/ATTACH]. This doesn't look fun....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for providing that pic. I've looked everywhere to find a good pic of this setup. I definitely wouldn't want that, even with only one of the upper bunks. One person would have to wiggle their way out the foot of the bed to get out. Doing this at night in the total darkness could be interesting. I would definitely keep the beds separate. Much more space & safer for everyone. When cruising with my parents in a room this tiny, they kept the beds separate.