? re: Balance on a gift card

amcjeep4life

I purchased a $500 gift card during the Black Friday sail, knowing I had 2 cruises coming up this year. I will put the card down for our S&S in April, but I know we won't use it all. Can someone please confirm the following:

The balance left on the card will be put on another gift card and sent to me, which I can then use in October.

Correct, yes? (I don't want to take the cash out, so please don't suggest that. Thanks tho. ;))

I purchased a $500 gift card during the Black Friday sail, knowing I had 2 cruises coming up this year. I will put the card down for our S&S in April, but I know we won't use it all. Can someone please confirm the following:

The balance left on the card will be put on another gift card and sent to me, which I can then use in October.

Correct, yes? (I don't want to take the cash out, so please don't suggest that. Thanks tho. ;))

You should be able to apply just the amount owed to your account. the remaining amount will stay on the card

You should be able to apply just the amount owed to your account. the remaining amount will stay on the card

I can assure you that is NOT how it works. I thought the same thing, and when I did a sort-of B2B in 2012, I ended up scrambling for money because the balance did NOT remain with the card. I was hoping someone out there had some experience with this in real life.