St. Marteen Port question

dr11743

First time to St. Marteen and we just want that to be a beach day. Has anyone rented an umbrella or small tiki hut on the beach near where the Liberty docks? Name of place? Price range? Thanks!

Sorry, I don't know the answers to your questions, but we've been to St. Maarten a few times and feel that the cab ride to Orient Beach is well worth the expense. It's probably a 20-30 minute cab ride, but it's one of the most beautiful beaches we've ever seen. You won't be sorry.

Good info to know. Ready to book the Libertyand St Marteen is on of the stops. Hoping to go to the beach that is near the airport where the planes fly right over the beachas landing

I think that's Maho Beach. It's great for about an hour or two, but it's usually very crowded.

Check Bernard's tours St. Maarten. We did tour 2 and went to orient beach, maho beach where the planes are and did a little shopping. We are not big shoppers so we had just enough time to get a few trinkets which was fine with us. We swam at orient beach for about I think an hour or so. They also do private tours. They have beer, water and their special rum punch included with the price. 40 person. Just be careful at orient beach one side is a nude beach. There will be signs posted where it starts. Mailman was our guide and was THE BEST!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check Bernard's tours St. Maarten. We did tour 2 and went to orient beach, maho beach where the planes are and did a little shopping. We are not big shoppers so we had just enough time to get a few trinkets which was fine with us. We swam at orient beach for about I think an hour or so. They also do private tours. They have beer, water and their special rum punch included with the price. 40 person. Just be careful at orient beach one side is a nude beach. There will be signs posted where it starts. Mailman was our guide and was THE BEST!!

Great advice! We did this tour once. It gives you lots of stops all over the island for a great price. The drinks were good, too! :D

Bernards tours are great for an island tour. You do get to check out the 2 best beaches (Orient & Maho), but you won't have enough time at either to kick back and relax. Maho is mostly about the planes landing right over your head, while Orient is more of a relaxing or fun, & beautiful, amazing beach day.

The island is French & Dutch, so clothing optional is everywhere. However, the nudists tend to go to the naturist resort on the south end of Orient Beach. But it's not unusual to see more than you see in the U.S. at any St. Maarten/Martin beach.

Without a tour, for just a nice beach day, you can't get better than Orient Beach. Tons of options all along the beach, with chairs to rent & food/drink. Optional water activities to purchase. A great beach for walking, as it stretches a long ways. Mountains in the backdrop, just gorgeous! A cab to the beach usually is only $6-$7 each one way. My friends & I spent 3-4 hours there, then took a cab to Maho Beach, spending an hour there watching the planes land over our head, then took a cab back to the ship. Total for cabs were about $30-$35 each. Not much less than a Bernards tour, but it gave us tons more beach time, and we still saw the airplanes.

Edited by k2excursion

Another option: what we did when we were there in November - we took a taxi to Mullet Bay for our beach time, then went to Maho later in the afternoon to watch the planes. Mullet Bay is a nice beach, and it's close to Maho, you can walk from Mullet to Maho in about 15 minutes. We thought it worked out great, we had a nice beach to spend most of the day and still got to watch the planes come in.

We were in St Maarten 4 yrs and the shops & bars just across the street from the beaches run specials for...1 umbrella, 2 chairs & 5 beers for $15. As the day goes on the prices get cheaper. Hope this helps

I snorkeled at Mullet Bay. Not that much to see, lots of urchins and a few fish. I was near the rocks on the left as you face the water, I didn't go all the way out to the point, maybe there's more if you go out a bit further. I was hoping to see something hiding in the rocks, but no luck.

We were in St Maarten 4 yrs and the shops & bars just across the street from the beaches run specials for...1 umbrella, 2 chairs & 5 beers for $15. As the day goes on the prices get cheaper. Hope this helps

Do you remember the name of the place with the chairs and 5 beers for $15.

Was it right in town? Sounds like a great place to leave our husbands for a bit while we do some shopping.:D