Entertainment on Anthem

dillie

Hi does anyone know when you will be able to reserve all the entertainment on the Anthem?. I go away in May 2015. I know when my parents went on the quantum in December 2014 they booked the entertainment 6months approx before sailing. We sail 4 months today & there's no entertainment to book. Thank you Dillie.

• 4 weeks later...

Correct me if I'm wrong and missed an announcement, but besides We Will Rock You I don't believe they've even announced what the second production show or 270 show will be. Seems like they're cutting it awfully close!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

They Are cutting it fine. It's only 3months till we go & only We Will Rock You has been announced but still nowhere to actually book a time for that or what any of the other shows are. Sounds like a lot of things aren't going to plan on the quantum class.

We are sailing on one of the 3 nighters in May too. I checked online planner today still no entertainment or spa etc options available. Seems very strange as I booked dining options back in early October.

The broadway show will be "We Will Rock You", and the production show will be called "The Gift". Royal Caribbean Prodictions states that ""THE GIFT” is a musical journey of fantasy and illusion that begins one stormy night with the arrival of a “Magical Gift”. A beautiful production that is sure to delight, inspire and touch the hearts of all." It will feature breakdancers and pop and rock music. There will also be a new show in 270 that is different than "Starwater" but somewhat similar, much like the two aqua shows on Oasis and Allure. This show's vocalist will be a "Rock Diva", so I expect more current rock style songs.

Exciting stuff! Yes, I am ready to ROCK!!

All this not knowing though - it is probably what it used to be like in the days before the internet when you just went along for the ride, so to speak - and we managed okay!

I can remember my first ever vacation as an adult - it was to Majorca. I didnt even know Majorca was an Island! Yet, thanks to Google I know more about European cities than I do about my own home town...... and the more I know, the more I want to to know.

Royal Caribbean also lists on there current casting calls:

Also seeking Vegas Style Showgirls, singers, and dancers for our new production of Sequins & Feathers

Never heard this show mentioned and never seen them mention Vegas showgirls in a requirement before. On Quantum they advertised Wink which was supposed to be an adult only cabaret show so I wonder if this is Anthem's version of Wink and they may actually go through with it this time. Not sure why they wouldn't just move Wink over since it never premiered though unless the executives were that unhappy with it. This could also be for Ovation or Oasis 3, but I think February casting calls are to early for those ships.

Royal Caribbean also lists on there current casting calls:

Never heard this show mentioned and never seen them mention Vegas showgirls in a requirement before. On Quantum they advertised Wink which was supposed to be an adult only cabaret show so I wonder if this is Anthem's version of Wink and they may actually go through with it this time. Not sure why they wouldn't just move Wink over since it never premiered though unless the executives were that unhappy with it. This could also be for Ovation or Oasis 3, but I think February casting calls are to early for those ships.

I read somewhere that Sequins and Feathers would be replacing Mamma Mia on Quantum when the show moves to Allure. Can't remember where I read that.

I read somewhere that Sequins and Feathers would be replacing Mamma Mia on Quantum when the show moves to Allure. Can't remember where I read that.

That's interesting. Star Cruises in China does a for fee cabaret show on it's ships. I wonder if they don't think a Broadway Play will work over there. Maybe the reason we haven't seen Wink is that they chose to rename and expand it to a full Royal Theater production show for China.

Sequins and Feathers will only be on Quantum. It will replace Mamma Mia when that moves to Allure. Also, Quantum just introduced another new show "Name that Tune" it features the orchestra, cruise director, and some dancers. It's has sets and everything. It sort of a hybrid game show and production show.

Edited by NicNac4498

That's interesting. Star Cruises in China does a for fee cabaret show on it's ships. I wonder if they don't think a Broadway Play will work over there. Maybe the reason we haven't seen Wink is that they chose to rename and expand it to a full Royal Theater production show for China.

This is the thread where I read it. Seems like some new info has come in too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2126206&page=4

The broadway show will be "We Will Rock You", and the production show will be called "The Gift". Royal Caribbean Prodictions states that ""THE GIFT” is a musical journey of fantasy and illusion that begins one stormy night with the arrival of a “Magical Gift”. A beautiful production that is sure to delight, inspire and touch the hearts of all." It will feature breakdancers and pop and rock music. There will also be a new show in 270 that is different than "Starwater" but somewhat similar, much like the two aqua shows on Oasis and Allure. This show's vocalist will be a "Rock Diva", so I expect more current rock style songs.

A Broadway Show & a Production Show ? :confused:

Yes, all ships that have a Broadway show also have a production show. Quantum has Mamma Mia and Sonic Odyssey, Oasis as Cats and Come Fly with Me, Ect Ect. Anthem will have We Will Rock You and The Gift.

As we didn't have Sonic Odyssey on the 11/2 Maiden Voyage I totally forgot about it....duh me :o

When Quantum goes to China, is she bringing Mama Mia with her?

When Anthem comes to the States, is she bringing We Will Rock You with her?

I ask, because the sets are already designed and in place on both ships, making it seem like the shows that are on the ships today, will stay with them through the repositioning.

That said, I haven't heard any news one way or the other. Have you?

When Quantum goes to China, is she bringing Mama Mia with her?

When Anthem comes to the States, is she bringing We Will Rock You with her?

I ask, because the sets are already designed and in place on both ships, making it seem like the shows that are on the ships today, will stay with them through the repositioning.

That said, I haven't heard any news one way or the other. Have you?

It will be taken off Quantum in Barcelona as that is where Allure is having its dry dock.