Do you bring a stapler to the hotel for luggage tags?

BOS_CruiseGuy

Amazon sells great reusable luggage tag holders. They are a plastic sleeve that you just slip the tag into and then fasten it on to your luggage with the plastic strap that is attached. We got them last year and they really worked great. We did our fist B2B and we just changed the luggage tags when we had to change cabins after the first cruise. They may be available at AAA or other travel accessory stores also.

For anyone else who dislikes the stapled paper tags, I also use similar plastic holders that I purchased from the Cruise Critic store, $9.50 (plus tax and S&H) for a set of 4 holders. I think the Amazon product costs slightly less. Probably overpriced but certainly not expensive. If you get these, make sure you order the "wide" holders, which should be able to accommodate most cruise-line tags including the new wider NCL tags.

They don't recommend these holders for regular airplane use for checked-in luggage; I guess they don't consider them rugged enough. But they seem sufficiently sturdy in getting your bags directly from home to the port terminal and then onto the ship. Then the holders can be used multiple times afterwards.

But as others have mentioned, I'm not sure why all the information is needed on the tags anyway. I'd think all they need are the ship name and your stateroom number. The color code probably helps them sort the luggage more easily, and your contact information is only for emergency purposes.

I take packing tape and "laminate" the tags, then use a hole punch before we leave to punch holes in each end. I keep some twisty ties in the suitcase. On cruise day I take the tags, wrap them around a handle (I usually put two tags on each bag just in case) and use the twisty ties through the holes to secure them to the luggage. When the luggage is delivered I throw out the tags and put the ties back into the suitcase for the next cruise.

Easy:)

Rather than mess with the packing tape (can never seem to get them on straight and the creases always appear in the worst spots) I just buy a roll of clear shelf liner from the dollar store and slap the tags on that and cut them out then do the hole punch/zip tie or elastic combo... works great and I find the shelf liner isn't as 'static-y' as the packing tape and less frustrating!

I print the luggage tags on bright card stock paper and then fold them in half. I get the self laminating luggage tags from Office Max that come with the rubber loops for putting them on the bags. Wotks perfect, never had any problems.