Proper Way to Secure Chef's Table Reservations?

violetsmile

We're on the Ecstasy April 6 - 10, and would like to do the Chef's Table. We did it previously on the Liberty, and it was an excellent experience. For that cruise, I emailed the steakhouse per information here on CC, our reservations were confirmed promptly, and we were told we'd be notified of the night once we were on board. Easy. Ecstasy doesn't have a steakhouse, so I've been trying to figure out how to make the reservation--the Carnival website says one needs reservations, but doesn't offer any information as to how to obtain them that I have been able to find.

I was thinking perhaps the appropriate thing to do would be to email the maitre d', but then this morning John Heald has this whole mini-rant on Facebook about how Carnival doesn't post these email addresses and has no expectation that emails sent to these people will be responded to, and that we should be asking him for help directly. Besides the fact that the methodology of having him handle every weird and mundane request seems inefficient, he also doesn't say the form the request should take--email? Facebook message? Post all my information on his Facebook wall?

Am I totally missing an obvious solution here? I'm not a whiner or a hater--in fact, I just like to do what I'm supposed to do through the appropriate channels for the most part, and in this case, I can't figure out what that is! Help, please!

Here are a few methods to make a reservation.

This is one method:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/ChefsTable.htm

E8A141C7-62E3-4B63-BFA4-F15BCBD1D34F.png.jpeg

Here is another:

Email either the Maitre’d or Steakhouse manager directly. The email address for either is listed below:

Maitre d' - xxmaitred@carnival.com

Steakhouse - xxsteakhouse@carnival.com (for ships with a steakhouse)

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

Another option:

Log onto the Manage My Cruise website and clicked through to the Steakhouse to make a reservation. In the “Number of Guests Dining” section type in “Chef’s Table”.

CTH.png

We made reservations on the Dec 14th Magic cruise the first day at sea at the Steakhouse.

The night before the meal, we got a letter saying the meal was cancelled because not enough folks signed up. We were bummed.

If you are not able to secure your reservation prior to boarding, inquire about it as soon as you are on the ship. We tried multiple times to book ahead for our Fantasy cruise this past August, and through multiple channels, and all failed. Shortly after we were on the ship a crew member selling beverage packages was able to get us booked for Chef's Table. Amazing experience that made that cruise for us!