Question about deposits and canceling

iamsteph

I've got two cruises booked, but may need to cancel the second one. Neither have reached final payment yet. I know if I cancel the second, I lose a change fee (early saver fare), but can I apply the rest of the deposit to the first cruise, or can it only be applied to a new booking?

What did Carnival say when you called and asked?

Wow, didn't realize I had to call Carnival to ask a question before asking it here. Please make sure you inform about half of the other posters that start new threads of this!

Rather than cancel, swap the current cruise for another. You only forfeit $50pp change fee. All else will apply to the next cruise. We just did this with one of two cruises we would have just canceled. Emailed our PVP with the details and he made all the changes for us. We must now swap our other cruise for yet another before its final payment date.

Here's hoping you get a really great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Edited by forwardcabin

Wow, didn't realize I had to call Carnival to ask a question before asking it here. Please make sure you inform about half of the other posters that start new threads of this!

No, you don't have to call, but if you want the right answer immediately, it would be less effort than reading through 100 different theoretical answers, instead of going directly to the source.

Sorry for asking...Just trying to help.... Good luck.

Edited by poison7fl

No, you don't have to call, but if you want the right answer immediately, it would be less effort than reading through 100 different theoretical answers, instead of going directly to the source.

Sorry for asking...Just trying to help.... Good luck.

Thanks!

I know from being on these boards that sometimes even Carnival will give you different answers for the same question, depending on who you talk to. I asked here first, so that when I call Carnival, I might have a general idea of what answer they should give me.

Just covering all my bases :D

We just did this. You will lose the $50pp fee, and they will put the remainder "on hold" under the old booking number. Then you can apply it towards another cruise (just not the initial deposit amount of the new cruise which doesn't apply to you) so you should be fine.

Let us know how it turns out.