Sapphire Cabin D624

damtrader

We were torn between Princess and Royal Caribbean for our cruise for our 20th anniversary and ultimately went with Princess because the mini suites are a little larger and the fare was better. Sailing 10/22. Has anyone stayed in D624? I'm a little worried that it's further aft than I'd wanted. I'd have preferred mid-ship, which was available on RCL. Hope I haven't made a mistake. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me??

Thanks, Druke. We haven't cruised in 10 years and I was so torn about which way to go. Leaving the 4 kids home and desperately need this time away together. I hope the cabin doesn't turn out to be a disappointment.

We were in D603 on the Sapphire last week, and loved both the location and the cabin! Mini-suites are the way to go! I don't think 624 is that far aft in terms of stability, just a slightly longer walk to the fore end of the ship, but every step of that little walk burns off a couple of calories from the scrumptious food!

I was in cabin D616 on the Diamond which I believe is the same configuration as the Sapphire and it was a great location. I think you will be very happy with it. The balcony was completely uncovered, but I didn't even notice it.

Thanks, Druke. We haven't cruised in 10 years and I was so torn about which way to go. Leaving the 4 kids home and desperately need this time away together. I hope the cabin doesn't turn out to be a disappointment.

No cruise in 10 years, kids at home, on the Sapphire?

I don't think the word "disappointment" should be in your vocabulary. You will have a great time!

All the balconies on Dolphin are completely uncovered, which I don't like.

That's why we booked an aft minisuite on Emerald which are completely covered.

You may have more motion than if you were amidships, but I'll bet your last cruise was on a much smaller ship, and you may find the motion to be less rather than more than you remember.

We were torn between Princess and Royal Caribbean for our cruise for our 20th anniversary and ultimately went with Princess because the mini suites are a little larger and the fare was better. Sailing 10/22. Has anyone stayed in D624? I'm a little worried that it's further aft than I'd wanted. I'd have preferred mid-ship, which was available on RCL. Hope I haven't made a mistake. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me??

damtrader ~ we are also sailing on the Sapphire on Oct 22/05

We have a roll call thread going on the roll calls.... we are in a Caribe Deck balcony...come on over and say hello....

Emmy

Archived