Q about OBC from ES price adjustments

mackatty

Hi everyone! I just submitted my first Price Protection form tonight & it was denied (incorrectly) within the hour. So I called & eventually received my $20 credit. When I received the updated email from Carnival with my booking details, it doesn't show the $20 under the "On Board Credit" section BUT it clearly shows that the amount I paid in full is $20 less than the Total Charges.

Is this the way these credits show up until I board the ship? I was expecting them to show up under the OBC section with my $100 for booking this cruise while on our last one.

Hi everyone! I just submitted my first Price Protection form tonight & it was denied (incorrectly) within the hour. So I called & eventually received my $20 credit. When I received the updated email from Carnival with my booking details, it doesn't show the $20 under the "On Board Credit" section BUT it clearly shows that the amount I paid in full is $20 less than the Total Charges.

Is this the way these credits show up until I board the ship? I was expecting them to show up under the OBC section with my $100 for booking this cruise while on our last one.

Credit such as those from price reductions and shareholder benefits are not shown on your "MY CRUISE DETAILS" page (at least it never has for us).

You can check and make sure they are credited by clicking on "View Cruise Documents" in the "To-Do List" box just to the right of your cruise details. This will open a pop-up, where you print your Boarding Pass, Luggage Tags, and Cruise Documents.

In the pop-up, check the box "Print General Information" this will open a PDF file of your booking summary. On page 4 you will find your "INVOICE". There is a box that lists the "Itemized Charges", and underneath it another box that shows any "On Board Credit", this is where both your promotional OBC and your new OBC for your price reduction should show up.

Hope that was helpful, have a great cruise!

In the pop-up, check the box "Print General Information" this will open a PDF file of your booking summary. On page 4 you will find your "INVOICE". There is a box that lists the "Itemized Charges", and underneath it another box that shows any "On Board Credit", this is where both your promotional OBC and your new OBC for your price reduction should show up.

Hope that was helpful, have a great cruise!

Of course, I thought to check there as soon as I posted. And unfortunately, the $20 OBC was not added there either. Hmmm. I guess it warrants another call to Carnival but quite frankly, I'm not sure I'll bother for $20. Now if I see more price drops in the next few weeks & this continues to happen, I will DEFINITELY call.

Thanks for the response, Rod!

if you are before final payment the price you pay is reduced. you don't get it in the form of obc. If after final payment that is when any price reduction gets you obc