men's dress code help!

zhongyan

My husband and I are going to our first cruise next month and very excited about it. however, I am kind of confused about men's dress code since we wear casual or office casual most of the time.

My questions are:

1) will a black suit do for a formal night?

2) how about those informal nights. Will a dress shirt with nice pants work? how about Polos? any ties needed? and how about color? bright or somewhat dark?

3) can he wear shorts and T-shirts other times?

thanks

A nice dark suit with tie is fine for the formal night...not all the men have tuxes.

Dressy casual for the other nights....ties not necessary. Colors are up to you...no formal code on this.

No shorts in the dining room at dinner..,,.but certainly fine on the rest of the ship.

Welcome to cruising and have fun:)

If you are gonna try the supper club-- on formal night the attire is still formal..a jacket and tie will be needed but casual attire any of the other night will be fine.

A collered shirt and a pair of dress pants/dockers is what you will see on majorityof men on non formal nights.

Dont stress.. youwont be payin gmuch attention to what people are wearing anyways.

the casual dining room is the only place you'd wear a t-shirt and shorts unless you're out at the pool area. Formal nights can be really formal. Note: pack formal clothes in dry cleaner bags, they really keep it from wrinkling.

I never know that dry cleaner bags will keep shirts from wrinkles. what a handy tip! thanks a lot

the casual dining room is the only place you'd wear a t-shirt and shorts unless you're out at the pool area. Formal nights can be really formal. Note: pack formal clothes in dry cleaner bags, they really keep it from wrinkling.

1) will a black suit do for a formal night?

It will be fine.

2) how about those informal nights. Will a dress shirt with nice pants work? how about Polos? any ties needed? and how about color? bright or somewhat dark?

Nice pants & any shirt with a collar will be fine. His favorite color (or your favorite color on him) will be perfect. Ties are not required. Bring his blue blazer. He can wear it for pictures & as you walk through the ship. When you are freezing in the dining room (& you will be), you can drape it over your shoulders.

3) can he wear shorts and T-shirts other times?

thanks

Both are fine everywhere except the dining room for dinner. He can wear them to the buffet if that is your choice.

Enjoy.

Archived