Ocho Rios Margaritaville compared to Grand Turk

Hazelroo

We will be stopping in Ocho Rios in May on the Victory. We will have our parents with us (in their 70s). They are pretty spry, but my father is undergoing chemo and my mom can't take too much sun. We were thinking of a mellow port/beach day (Turtle Beach most likely). I know the Margaritaville in Grand Turk has a huge pool. The pictures I have seen of the one in Ocho Rios, the pool looks very small and I don't see the lounge chairs like in GT. Is this one more of just a place to eat by the beach rather than somewhere we can find some loungers in the shade and relax in the pool all day like GT? TIA! :D

We will be stopping in Ocho Rios in May on the Victory. We will have our parents with us (in their 70s). They are pretty spry, but my father is undergoing chemo and my mom can't take too much sun. We were thinking of a mellow port/beach day (Turtle Beach most likely). I know the Margaritaville in Grand Turk has a huge pool. The pictures I have seen of the one in Ocho Rios, the pool looks very small and I don't see the lounge chairs like in GT. Is this one more of just a place to eat by the beach rather than somewhere we can find some loungers in the shade and relax in the pool all day like GT? TIA! :D

We will be there in April. I looked at the Margaretville website and it looks like there are quite a few shady spots. The pool here looks bigger than the one at Grand Cayman.

M'Ville OR is MUCH smaller than Grand Turk. Very different. It's basically a restaurant/bar in which they have a small pool and small beach. It's not a cruise ship complex like that in GT. It's fine to spend a couple hours, but a very different experience than GT.

M'Ville OR is MUCH smaller than Grand Turk. Very different. It's basically a restaurant/bar in which they have a small pool and small beach. It's not a cruise ship complex like that in GT. It's fine to spend a couple hours, but a very different experience than GT.

That's what I thought it looked like....thanks for the confirmation! :D