Price Adjustments - Make sure to check your room #

TardisDance

Just some advise to put out there to those who ask for a price adjustment to their reservation:

Just before Xmas, I made a reservation with my TA for an October cruise on the Breakaway to Bermuda. I have been tracking pricing since August, so I knew the price was good, and I couldn't resist the free UBP. On Friday, the price dropped slightly, so I called my TA to see if they could adjust - it was a slight savings, but money is money. I said that I wanted the same promo, same room, same everything. The TA connected to NCL and said that this was fine. So Friday night, I logged onto NCL's website and checked my reservation. Guess what? My room was changed, and my original room was available when I tried a mock booking. I called up my TA this morning. Their system said I still had my original room, but when they went to NCL, they saw the room was different. Luckily, my room was still available and fixed immediately.

Advice - Always double check your reservation on NCL.com! I'm glad I caught the issue quickly. My TA has no idea what happened.

Also, for those that could not combine Latitudes reduced fares with the Freestyle Choice before - It seems like it's being allowed now. I actually saved more than I expected because of this. When I originally booked, my TA said that NCL's system wouldn't allow combining. It works when I try to do a mock booking. :D

[quote name='TardisDance']Advice - Always double check your reservation on NCL.com! I'm glad I caught the issue quickly. My TA has no idea what happened.[/QUOTE]

One needs always to make sure that they will rebook the original cabin while making changes like this - it is not unusual that this happens if the person actually making the changes doesn't think about it.

The TA said I had the same room as before. Before I was put on hold while he contacted NCL, I stated that I wanted the same room. Since that's what I had said and what he confirmed, I expected the room to not change.

Basically, always have due diligence with these kinds of things. I just wanted to warn cruisers on here, so no one discovers a room change, and it's too late. It seems like a mistake on NCL's end since my TA's records had my original room number in their system.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

The same thing happened to me when I changed promotions. The rep said that I was able to keep the original room, but when I received the confirmation email I had a different room that I did not want. Luckily, I was able to call back and get the room changed back to what I wanted.

My advice is to ALWAYS check your booking carefully. When I moved our Escape 2016 booking to the new promotion no problem with the room - but the travel insurance was added back on to our booking. 😦

I'd already made arrangements though an independent carrier when we originally booked. It was easily fixed - but if I had not caught it I'd have paid for TWO policies.

Check...check and double check!! 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Forums