Royal Tots Parent Child Activities

kellyjo7

My wife and I will be cruising with our 20 month daughter on Independence in February.

I'm a bit confused about the Royal Babies and tots program. We will be cruising with my parents and father in law so we'll have plenty of babysitters so we aren't interested in the drop of program, but we would be VERY interested in guardian child activities.

Does anyone know if they have group activities for parents/grandparents and their babies/tots? And if so what kinds of activities and how often?

Thanks!

Edited by kellyjo7

We just came off Freedom in Dec, with my son who was 13 months at the time. I would assume it would be similar to Independence, which we are sailing on in March. So if you find out anything different, please come back and let me know :)

But, they had the Fuel Teen Disco set up during the day for Baby/Tot play. They had a foam mat down, with a group of toys, some floor toys, some ride on type, and you could go there with your toddler and let them play for a while. It was not a drop off. It was nice, as there was nothing for him to get into, so you could let them roam freely for a while! There were some activities during the sea days for families and all age kids, but nothing that seemed really geared to the younger ones. We went to a science experiment one with my nephew who is 4, and he was the right age for it. They had a blacklight puppet show, which was really cool, and I thought he would love it. He lost interest after 1o min.. We'll try it again in March, see how it goes. You're 20 month old might be way more interested! There is parades as well. And the baby splash zone pool, which they put toys into. You can also check out a baby of toys for free from the nursery.

I read on someone's review that Independence had a motorized car hour in the basketball court for tots only? I hope that they are still doing that, it would be fun!

PS - since you are traveling with family, we had my parents next door, and we brought our video monitor and it worked great!! So whoever was going to be hanging back for the night could watch tv or hang out in their room until bed time. Or if my mom was going to bed early she had the monitor. It worked out really well. We are going to miss that this next trip!